Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rayne’s The Armorer WIP

• 51 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Rayne’s The Armorer WIP
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Moar please.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Iluv

• Ne shab'rud'ni —
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2020, 12:49 AM »
I am in awe of your sewing skills! I need to level up my own. This is looking super authentic so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

Iluv
(ee-loo-v)

Currently learning mando'a and drafting my first beskar'gam!

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2020, 06:34 PM »
Thank you!
Made a little progress while I had a warm day in Michigan. I see a few seams and spots that need filling and sanding, but overall I’m pretty happy.

Also received my tongs.  I think they’re pretty close to the reference images.

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2020, 06:53 PM »
Wow! Looking great!

Also, I went back and don't see a mention of where the tongs came from? Those are the last thing on our list to make but we haven't gotten to them yet but hadn't seen anyone else offering them yet either!

Co-owner of Sionnach Studios - a design and fabrication studio for sets, costumes, and props.

vaderqueenzamora

• "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore."
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2020, 12:26 AM »
Commenting to follow

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Everything is looking great! :)

Awall

• None of us is as smart as ALL of us
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:51 PM »
 :like:   Nice job!

Re’sahc Mrots  MMCC # 2385  Rancor Clan
 #56 Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion)  (LEO)

WIP THREAD
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=166861.0

Brigade WIP 267th
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=188181.0

Rayne

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Thank you everyone!

Wow! Looking great!

Also, I went back and don't see a mention of where the tongs came from? Those are the last thing on our list to make but we haven't gotten to them yet but hadn't seen anyone else offering them yet either!

I bought them from a vendor on Etsy.  They’re real blacksmith tongs, made by a blacksmith.

I was able to make a little progress, with work being crazy, it’s hard to find time.

I bought a pre-dyed suede from Tandy Leather for the gaiters and spats. And I used the same leather as the skirt for my calf band. I still need to finish the spats and bands, I’m waiting to receive my toe covers to know where to place the velcro.  But I wanted to see how they look. I also need to weather the suede, which will darken it.

Don’t mind my clips and Velcro

Here are my reference images:

Also, started working on the shoulders. I found a great basketweave leather and leather for the edging.  I just need to get the armor finished to finish the shoulders and attach them.

Reference images:

That’s it for now  :sabine:  Oya!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Oh that leather looks perfect for her shoulder tab-thingys!

« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2020, 12:20 AM »
Omg where did you find such great reference pics, those are fantastic and your progress is awesome :D
I love your everything. From the painted gloves to the armor progress to the boot-belties pleats :D

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #25 on: Mar 27, 2020, 02:55 PM »
This is so amazing  :porg2: My current favorite build thread to stalk  :<3:

He/Him Pronouns | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Absolutely wonderful work, so far.

I may have missed it above, but do you have a plan for adding the linear details on your boots?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Rayne

« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2020, 01:35 PM »
Oh that leather looks perfect for her shoulder tab-thingys!

Thank you!  I was very happy to have found it online. It works great!

Omg where did you find such great reference pics, those are fantastic and your progress is awesome :D
I love your everything. From the painted gloves to the armor progress to the boot-belties pleats :D

Thank you!  A lot of the reference photos are screen caps as I watched the episodes, others are from scouring google.

This is so amazing  :porg2: My current favorite build thread to stalk  :<3:

Thank you! 

Absolutely wonderful work, so far.

I may have missed it above, but do you have a plan for adding the linear details on your boots?

Thank you and yes, I’ve ordered the belt greeblies and toe covers from Fiernock Base Designs.  I’m waiting for them to arrive so I can finish the gaiters, skirt, and the belt. Hopefully soon  :boba:

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Looking great! Can I ask what files you used for the hammer and breastplate? Looking to start an armorer build myself.

Rayne

« Reply #29 on: Apr 10, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Looking great! Can I ask what files you used for the hammer and breastplate? Looking to start an armorer build myself.

The chest plate I bought the 3d print from do3d.com and the hammer 3d print I bought from Sionnach Studios on Etsy.

Update:
I was able to get the first layer of paint on my pieces.  I’m doing black underneath the colors to help them stand out a little better.

Had a huge setback on my chest plate, I got the black paint down and saw that the paint had drips in it  :( I tried to sand the spots, but the paint started to peel, so I had to sand off all the black paint and start over  :porg2:

I do have good news though, my hammer turned out great! I still need to weather it, but the steel paint looks great (it looks dark in the photo because the lighting where it’s drying is terrible)

Reference photos:

And the antique gold on my helmet looks great! Still needs weathering, but I think the color turned out great!

Reference photos:

I’m going to try a new weathering technique with weathering powders. To me, some of the weathering looks like charcoal dust or soot from the forge fires, so I want to give it the same dusted look. I’m going to try it on some test pieces and see how it turns out.

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!