Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chooka’s ‘The Mando’ WIP

• 7 Replies
Chooka’s ‘The Mando’ WIP
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:30 PM »
Hey everyone! So after watching ‘The Mandalorian’ I have finally gotten off my Butt and started my Mando build.
I know there are currently no CRL for the Mando from the show, but I am going ahead with it, hoping it will only require minor modifications if it ever does  :D.
So without further delay, here are my currently printed parts!
Bucket

Shoulders (one needs a new top)

Couple shots of the chest (other half on the printer now.

Bracer 1

Whistling Birds Bracer

Re: Chooka’s ‘The Mando’ WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Nice job. Which printer are you using? I have a ender 3 pro and was looking  at a couple of prints from Do3d. I bought the printer to get in the door to a new hobby and have some degree of success with it. Looking at upgrading in the future for something to produce larger builds.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2020, 10:47 PM »
Thanks!
Ender 3 regular actually. It’s a solid printer, and really good for the price. If you split the files creatively, a lot of things fit haha.
Yeah I’ve looked into a CR-10 aswell for a bigger build plate...but it’s a lot more money...I could buy 2-3 more Enders for that price lol

Awall

• None of us is as smart as ALL of us
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Nice job on the prints! 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2020, 01:28 PM »
Did you have to use alot of supports? I havent printed any armor yet. Just other items for about a year.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2020, 12:07 AM »
Did you have to use alot of supports?
Depends on the piece. But I try and split the files enough to fit in the print bed, AND avoid supports. If I have to, I use Tree Supports in Cura. They leave a nice roof, which pulls off easy.
90% of those pieces are printed standing with no supports :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Awesome. I use cura too. Some hiccups with the program when they update, otherwise pretty easy to use. What type of filament did you use? I am looking at ETG or abs but abs smells horrid.I love the pla but if its hot outside it may destroy the armor if stored in lets say a hot vehicle.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2020, 09:07 PM »
PETG is the way to go, but I used PLA. I can’t see me storing it in the car on the few days hot enough to warp it here :p though I take the responsibility if it does haha.
I rarely update Cura for that reason. I wait till I read they are stable updates on Reddit or whatnot.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!