Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Heavy Infantry Helmet - Black Colour Scheme

• 8 Replies
WIP - Heavy Infantry Helmet - Black Colour Scheme
« on: Jan 13, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Im currently planning to build a heavy infantry assault class helmet using Paz Vizsla Armor as the basic for my armor build. I'm planning to a blast shield and helmet plume similar to senate commando guard as seen in the clone wars and  I'm wondering to 2 option above is a good idea for my build.

Also, having a bit of brain farts here. I'm wondering if its a good idea to try to add a bit of more paint to the side of just leave it be?

The helmet is 3d printed and the file is from Shepherd Creations. Got it for free when he doing giveaway during Christmas last year.

Below is the link for the rest of my build

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=184348.0

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Nice bucket! As far as the paint, If you're talking about the gold above and below the visor and how they meet at the corner of the eye, it might look ok to extend those so they meet. But as is, it still looks good.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
I'm wondering if its a good idea to try to add a bit of more paint to the side of just leave it be?

My aesthetic is screaming “wrap the gold!” keeping the lower line at a constant angle so it tapers back...

But otherwise, no, I think the red looks great.

A'denadiik (Jaro) Syngh; desert rat, pirate
Wolves of Mandalore Clan
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard - F&AMM - Wrangalor - MMRS - QMU - Desert Wolves
Tales from the Werlaara

Kiladyn

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din. K'oyacyi!
I love the idea of a centurion inspired helmet! From the look of the crest direction you are going front to back which is more in line with a Legatus or general. Centurions would wear a transverse crest or ear to ear.

I had something similar just shot-down.  :(  I even used the Senate Commando Captain example also. 

Edit: Image post isn't working for some reason... here is the link https://imgur.com/iWAmHG8

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020, 01:08 PM by DeviousWay » Logged

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
You mean rejected for approval?
There haven’t been any approved in the past. I’ve seen a lot try and the closest we get is the clone trooper versions.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!