Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Female Pilot - advice needed :P

• 6 Replies
Female Pilot - advice needed :P
« on: Feb 02, 2020, 03:17 PM »
Hello everyone!! I've decided to create a topic in this section because the concept of my Pilot is almost done.

This is my previous post, with drawings of what I had in mind for my Pilot: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=181402.0

So here there are pics of my flight suit and flak vest [I have yet to sew the neckseal and some kind of sleeves for the flak vest]

Then I made the harness and the belt where I will attach them, as well as the holsters [work in progress...].

Do you think it's too short? Did I understand correctly the sentence 'Vertical strap(s) must connect to a loop that wraps around each leg individually just below the knee.'?

I'll be delighted to consider any thoughts, ideas or even general feedback from you

Thank you in advance!!

This is the way  :jango:

Leira

Re: Female Pilot - advice needed :P
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:01 PM »
I'm sorry to say I can't answer your question as I am new to this too.

What I wanted to say was that looks so good! Your flight suit looks like perfection!

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:06 PM »
that looks like it should be correct, as long as it's similar to what X-wing/Tie pilots have on their leg straps. the only thing i can think is maybe it should be tightened a little bit?
also wanted to say amazing work on the soft goods! that flight suit looks sick!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Hello everyone,
thank you for your kind replies.

I'm now quarantined, with my costume divided between my house and the house of my mate. What a weird situation.
I'm trying to finish what I have with me...

Front

Back, with the Life Support Box

The image above is photoshopped, my helmet and armour is not with me... I'll post a real photo in the future...

Spats

What do you think? I'm on the right way?  :8):

Is this the way?  :jango:

Mark - Zexal

• been building the same kit since 2016
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2020, 01:20 PM »
App team might slap you with the spacing of the plates being took large and that they need to be closer together... but in my opinion I think its great! like the color scheme!

My name : Zxal Renow
Pronunciation : Zek-Sal Ren-Oh

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2020, 04:27 PM »
You may want to pull up your ejection harness. Having it below your knee armour could cause it to snag and trip you up. Ideally, you want the bit of webbing that goes from your belt to the loops to start just below the crotch so that the inside leg loops are above the inside of the knee and the outside of the loops is about at knee level.

I have an X-Wing costume and tripping on straps that are too low is not fun. To test, carefully try walking up some stairs. Once you can do that without tripping, the ejection harness should be at the right level.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2020, 11:34 PM »
The Pilot CRL requires the ejection harness leg straps to be below the knees, Ori, although I get where you're coming from on that.

Awesome work so far Al'Darion, great job going from concept to execution at this point :). On Ori Dart's point, it might not hurt to tighten the leg loops up a bit, but the placement otherwise ought to be good.

Couple points of suggestion at the this stage of build; you're probably going to need to tighten up the sleeves of the flight suit, and I think your ab plate might be too small. I recommend popping over the App Team Q&A and submitting a forum about it. They're usually pretty good at response turnaround, typically within 72 hours, but with everything going on it might be a bit delayed. It's a little subjective, unfortunately, but per the CRL the ab plate has to be proportional to the chest plates, and to me yours looks pretty insubstantial in comparison.

Awesome job with the paint and weathering. Overall, this is really looking good and hopefully you'll get the chance to gather all the bits in one place and get it sorted in good time.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!