Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first kit WIP

• 2 Replies
My first kit WIP
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Hello All!

I am starting on my first kit, so I thought I would start a WIP thread.

Currently, I have ordered and received my flight suit. I have included a photo and a link for the source of what I am going with. I am aiming for a more form fitted look for my overall design.

My Sintra has arrived and I will be drafting out my patterns for the armour patterns this upcoming week.

I have also Pre-Ordered the new Hasbro Black Series Star Wars Boba Fett (Prototype Armour) Roleplay Replica Helmet. (Link below.)

Stay tuned.
 :<3:

Flight suit: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073GVQZPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Helmet: https://us.zavvi.com/toys-role-play-accessories/hasbro-black-series-star-wars-boba-fett-prototype-armour-roleplay-replica-helmet/12551190.html?fbclid=IwAR1mNAG9153FqG8dhOWe-pDBzdKqL79xfr3QrKKKAnNH7cH9d9EKVMNLE_c

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:18 PM by LunaFox » Logged

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: My first kit WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Looks good so far! Iím a little worried about the helmet, looks like at minimum youíll have to replace the visor, since they rarely make the visors dark enough.

Before doing templates for plates, I recommend that you have your vest complete first, as it can change the shape of your body.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My first kit WIP
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 03:15 PM »
Oooh, I've been waiting to find somebody using that helmet so I can get some pictures of it actually on and in different light. As it's a black series I'm hoping it won't need much if any modding unlike the cheaper kids toys.

I'll second getting the vest before finalising the chest armour templates (and don't forget to set aside a trooping bra - a change of bra can alter where everything sits)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!