Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Armorer chest plate

• 5 Replies
The Armorer chest plate
« on: Oct 01, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Hi everyone, I am trying to come up with a chest plate  based on The Armorer from Season 1 Mandalorian.  It's a bit different from Sabine or the men's armor, and I'm struggling to get the right design based on a clip from the show...  anyone have a pattern specific to her?  I'm open to ideas!

If there is no path before you, create your own.  --Clone Wars

Sabine

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: The Armorer chest plate
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2020, 12:55 PM »
I believe all our approved armorers 3d printed their plate. Jabari is making a sintra plate styled after the armorer for her custom, so you may find her WIP thread useful: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=179298.0

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 61 OM Invasions
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2020, 11:55 AM »
So just to update this post, I ended up basing my build and clothing design off the Armorer, but it really evolved and ended up its own project.  I ended up using the beskar look instead of gold/bronze.  Was too late to add the spikes on top of the helmet, but this was my first try ever at something this complicated.  Please note I made this primarily for my daughter's Halloween party... I don't use power tools or have that much tech to work with.  It was very basic looking for plastic parts to cut up, recycle, repurpose and put together.  Please go easy on me!  You are all amazing!
Hmm...  I can't seem to figure out how to add an image here....  ???

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Ahh I am so antsy to see! I've gone back and forth for a while on basing my post-Imp design off the Armorer, but just can'tttt resist the pull of that shiny silver Beskar!

I had "the talk" with my husband today--as in, I finally gained commitment from a much lesser Star Wars fan to allow me to monopolize his time and his 3D printer for 6(?) months (I did get it for him as a bday gift, so that should at least count for something, right !) So I'm finally diving into my design big time as of RIGHT NOW...

So just to update this post, I ended up basing my build and clothing design off the Armorer, but it really evolved and ended up its own project.  I ended up using the beskar look instead of gold/bronze.  Was too late to add the spikes on top of the helmet, but this was my first try ever at something this complicated.  Please note I made this primarily for my daughter's Halloween party... I don't use power tools or have that much tech to work with.  It was very basic looking for plastic parts to cut up, recycle, repurpose and put together.  Please go easy on me!  You are all amazing!
Hmm...  I can't seem to figure out how to add an image here....  ???

I just read all the posting guides and stuff so this quirky image thing is fresh in my memory! They suggest you use Imgur to host the images; the full guide is here:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73613.msg1622030#msg1622030

~Natasha

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Thank you Natasha for the Imgur tip!  I think I've got it figured out and will try here.
One thing ladies (and gents) please keep in mind I'm just a fangirl and wanted to try my hand at creating a Mando costume for my daughter's Halloween party last weekend.  I know there are requirements for approval and I am not aiming for that at this time.  (I hope to some day!)  But I didn't have a lot of time and no access to 3D printers or power tools.  I've been making costumes for years but never tried anything this complicated.  I want to say a big Thank You to everyone here who took the time to answer my questions and the awesome tutorials that gave me direction.  I am a total amateur and really needed a starting point.  I know I have a long way to go and you all are amazing artists / crafters / costumers.  With that said, please go easy on me. (sooo nervous)  Here is what I came up with!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:26 PM »
Very cool! Love the metallic look you were able to achieve!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!