Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

LStarrunner's WIP: starting armor plates

• 18 Replies

LStarrunner

• Run until Apprehended. Fight until Free. Repeat.
Re: LStarrunner's WIP: starting armor plates
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2020, 07:48 PM »
All cut out, with extra on the chest and ab plates:

Now for shaping and another armor party consultation.  :)

~☆~ Lora

'Til our paths cross.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Reynolds

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Celebration Chicago
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2020, 02:16 AM »
Hi Lora!!!!!

Very exciting seeing your progress!!!

OM #1871
M5 #90
#038 G.O.M.O.L.
#017 Night Owl Society
Raquel91 WIP (Currently S4 Sabine Wren Epilogue Kit)

LStarrunner

« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Finally reengaging after the hijacking of life as we know it. I was sooooo bummed when my Clan's March and May armor parties were canceled, but I did finish bending my plates. Now, I have to do detailed shaping. Placement question: does the ab plate rest at the natural waist, such that when I bend over it will be 100% above the bend, or should it ride somewhat lower such that it makes bending over forward problematic? I need to know this so I can sort out exactly how much I want to take off the ab plate versus the chest plates to have them space correctly and "fit" together.

~☆~ Lora

'Til our paths cross.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Reynolds

LStarrunner

« Reply #18 on: Oct 29, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Cross-posting to my own thread from the Kick the Bucket thread:

I finally got around to smoothing the cutout in my bucket today! I roughed it out a while back with a dremel tool - rough being the key word! - and it had sat staring at me accusingly since the shutdowns in March. Here it is with white paper in place of the visor for contrast:

I forget where I read it, but the originator of the advice to glue chicago screws inside and drill little holes in the corners of the visor to mount it was brilliant. Super glue on ABS plastic makes an immediate bond.

What do you think: should I leave the supports at the top and bottom of my 'beak' in after I get it all painted up (the supports would stay flat black to blend in with the visor), or cut them out eventually?

~☆~ Lora

'Til our paths cross.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!