Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies

Juris Kavos

• Formerly murishani065
Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #175 on: Jul 27, 2011, 12:10 AM »

2 fans, voice amp, RF servo + RC controller board.  The Mand'alor helmet will probably have more in it.

Hey I think your pic link is expired.

Ba'slan shev'la.

Adenn

• Ours is not to ask why...
« Reply #176 on: Jul 28, 2011, 07:35 PM »
I figure this would be the thread to ask... since this is about the guts of buy'cese. For those of you who added cameras and such, I am in need of some help. I have acquired several different types of night vision devices, all "toys" but actual NVDs, and I am trying to incorporate them into my buy'ce. The NVDs I have are the Spy Net Night Vision Binoculars and the CoD:MW2 Prestige NVGs. The biggest issue is that the cameras are incorporated into circuit boards and the included displays are attached to a largish circuit board by shot ribbon cable. Would one of you electronics masters be able to offer some suggestions to someone who has minimal soldering skills? So far the buy'cese I have tried are modded HBFs, but I am working to acquire another RC helmet and mod that(make that heavily mod) into an approvable bucket. The main reason I would like to do this is so when I go sans-bucket the inside looks like it is something from the universe. Sue me, I like the techno-gadgets :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011, 08:14 PM by Adenn » Logged
If you can't laugh at yourself, there are thousands of people that will gladly do it for you.
« Reply #177 on: Jul 28, 2011, 08:28 PM »
I personally have no idea WHY someone would want to put a set of "nods" in a bucket.  If you have ever worn a pair long term, like I have, you'll know what I'm saying.  Looking through the T visor is bad enough sometimes, nods would make it ten times worse.  On top of that, lots of hours and money just for something you can't use at an event or con.

I just don't get it.

If it's for bragging rights or a display bucket, that's a different story.  If that's the case, you ought to greeb it up and make it LOOK like it has those things in it.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Adenn

• Ours is not to ask why...
« Reply #178 on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I personally have no idea WHY someone would want to put a set of "nods" in a bucket.  If you have ever worn a pair long term, like I have, you'll know what I'm saying.

I have worn NVDs for many hours at a time, mostly on convoys but there was the occasional night op. I originally got the NVDs to make some scopes but got a wild hair... happens from time to time... like switching branches and going into the Air Force... With as often as I would actually be wearing this buy'ce it might as well be a display piece. Just another of those gee wow things to have. 

If you can't laugh at yourself, there are thousands of people that will gladly do it for you.

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #179 on: Jul 28, 2011, 11:17 PM »
i have one o' dems.
but when i took it apart, it stopped working.  apparently, they do that (even out of the box).
(funny story real quick....after i broke it, i contacted customer service about what i did.  the guy in charge thought it was an awesome idea and sent me a new one to try again....i never did!)
if yer gonna try, you'll have to build up the top centre of the bucket to house the camera and ir.  then you'll need to build a housing for the extra ir on yer right earcap.
i don't know if the new design is any different, but i have the old version of that toy....so you'd have to put the tiny screen in the middle of yer visor.  it shouldn't take up much view-room.  plus, you'll need to store the battery pack somewhere.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #180 on: Aug 08, 2011, 10:05 PM »

My inner workings, fans, switches, microphone, batteries,...etc.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #181 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:57 AM »
I smell a motivation poster!

indeed you do.

lol i cant find the demotivational topic, if anyone has a link...

-Kane

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012, 02:48 PM by Drakeumbra » Logged

24er!               Candy-Kane

wthrgssr75

« Reply #182 on: Feb 20, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Kinda looks like Trumps board room......."you're fired"

« Reply #183 on: Feb 24, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Inside my Jodo bucket...

Kibiri's bucket is currently being rewired inside but will get pics soon.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #184 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:33 PM »
indeed you do.

lol i cant find the demotivational topic, if anyone has a link...

-Kane

Here ya go: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=7642.2895

Inside my Jodo bucket...

Kibiri's bucket is currently being rewired inside but will get pics soon.

Dude, you automatically win!

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #185 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Inside my 1st HBF bucket.

84 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #186 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:12 PM »

2 fans, voice amp, RF servo + RC controller board.  The Mand'alor helmet will probably have more in it.

This image link seems to be broken. Any chance you still have this around to repost?

Thanks!

Ko' Tetsu

• A long time ago...I started working on my armor...
« Reply #187 on: Apr 19, 2012, 12:17 PM »
This image link seems to be broken. Any chance you still have this around to repost?

Thanks!

I second this notion  ;D

Formerly Darth_Sarge

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17 PM »
here you go

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Demar Falco

• What doesnt kill me...better start running
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #189 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Mirrored visor. the box on the right is the electronics. the Velcro is for my camera i place behind my visor.

and here it is with the camera in it

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #190 on: Jul 14, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Here's mine. Padding made from a roofer's kneepad and window insulation, plus chin strap:

Cheers!

« Reply #191 on: Jul 23, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Here is a late addition to this thread.

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #192 on: Aug 01, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Any of you folks know where I can find a voice amp installation wip or tutorial on the thread? It seems as though we don't have any official tutorials for it, but I'm sure someone has got to have made a detailed play by play when taking an amp apart and installing it in their bucket.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #193 on: Aug 03, 2012, 09:53 AM »
I believe PointofOrigin did on his helmet WIP

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #194 on: Sep 01, 2012, 03:17 AM »

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #195 on: Sep 09, 2012, 03:38 PM »

Two batteries for the two fans.

The other two batteries and the rest of that maze of wiring are for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCzqdxJbRQ

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2012, 03:46 PM by Jimmy BufFETT » Logged
- Scott Chana

Cyre Katsew

• Let the hunt begin.
« Reply #196 on: Dec 01, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Lined it with some burgundy velvet like cloth.

[img]https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13133083_596307757199273_5612102754595310880_n.jpg?oh=e526b4349179d77de8bfd3728a9d4e17&oe=58601DE8[img]

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!