Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies

Sylus seynar

Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #75 on: Nov 29, 2009, 09:52 PM »
my helmet will have a plectar labs voice core on the inside.

http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=137

only the best.

also i will have two small fans in the "1 in 1 out" configuration and Stormrider interiors for look now that i have seen them. i will also line the inside edges of my t visor with green LEDs to illuminate night vision. i will also have a green LED wired in the antenne thing. (im a newb i dont know what thats called) and i will wire two Seoul P4 whites on the cheeks of my buyce for head lamps. at 240 lumens a piece they are like friggin welding flares i am not kidding. one of them can light up my driveway. i would know i make lightsabers out of them.

so my helmit will be friggin packed. haha

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #76 on: Dec 01, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Are those Stormrider interiors? I still can't decde what to do for my interiors.

indeed they are vod

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #77 on: Dec 13, 2009, 02:47 PM »
dude have i ever told you i hate you some times? (in the i want your stuff kinda way)

USMC- Mandeplorable

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2009, 12:35 AM »
if you know anyone who works in an o.r. or in perfusion, ask them to see if they can get you that nice grey foam.  that's what they use to package the cell saver canisters in.  per box, you get 2 blocks (maybe 4x4x10 in) and a cross shaped piece of eggcrate!  i have a bunch of it from the hospital and some of my clan mates have used it.
for my interior of v.1, i covered the foam in heather-grey t-shirt fabric.  makes it look less "foam-y."
(pic as soon as i find my camera port)
btw....
where can i get some of that stormrider stuff?  i might want it for v.2.
(which is gonna have night vision!)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #79 on: Dec 19, 2009, 02:50 AM »
stormrider is currently on an indefinate hiatus. the fun of the hobby left and other priorties came into play. i dont know of anyone else doing anything similar.

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #80 on: Dec 19, 2009, 09:16 AM »

2 fans, voice amp, RF servo + RC controller board.  The Mand'alor helmet will probably have more in it.

Is your voice amp speaker in your bucket? Do you get feed back?

Cuyan Atinii

• "Ibic cuyi haar Yusta."
« Reply #81 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:59 AM »
the antenne thing. (im a newb i dont know what thats called)
its a rangefinder, if im correct.

Kyr'am Jag

• I WANT TO BE THE FIRST MANDO PHOTOJOURNALIST!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:54 PM »
im in the process of getting buy'cuy and am planning to put some old mich pads inside it plus being in the south heat is a major concern so fans work only if the positioning is right then?

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010, 01:07 AM by Kyr'am Jag » Logged
THE SWISS ARMY MANDALORIAN
« Reply #83 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:41 AM »
my helmet will have a plectar labs voice core on the inside.

http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=137

Sylus, you know those are as hard to get as the CF board.  The same with the blaster core.  Erv makes runs of those at the same time as the CF.

« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:05 AM »
So I don't have a buy'ce yet, but i plan on a Jango 2 piece, mostly since i can work out the interior before forming the two pieces together (and my head isn't too big).  The idea is to have two fans, one to pull in cold air and another to expel hot air (building computers taught me that one the hard way), a built in mic + voice amp in front by my mouth (lower edge of the T will have a grill that will accommodate the speaker and mic), and two "listen up" modules for outside sound amplification with a mic at each side by the ears, hidden in the greeblies (two modules for the sake of  providing some audial depth perception). The whole rig should be able to run off of 2 to 3 9-volt batteries with the whole thing circuited to one on-off switch.

What would be fun would also make the mic for the outside voice amp be reroutable to a built in ham radio or cobra channel radio and have everyone on the same channel a an event.  That would feel a special kind of authentic, even if a lot of the physical parts have to be moved to the belt area.  Of course the real topper to that is if someone got ahold of those new flexible LCD 6 inch screens that just got developed and curved onto the inside of their bucket, routed to external minicams on their kit.  That would be a wonderful kind of obsessive that I would bow to.

-Shiv-

"There is always more money to be made as an independent contractor"   - Boba Fett Motivator Poster
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:34 AM »
All of you have wicked nice goodies on your buy'ceim(pliral for multiple buy'ce??)   How do you vode getcher' heads in there without nicking a nose, ear on bits?

On average how much distance is there between the head and buy'ce sideswith installed modifications?

I'd tried on a two-peicer but it looked massive on me.  I looked liked a bobbled head mando. <snerk>  So I'm using a single piece helment, with mods I've seen here.  Thanks guys for the tips and ideas.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Most of the time there is extremely little clearance inside the helmet.

The plural form for buy'ce, is buy'cese. Send me a PM, I'll explain it a little further if you'd like.

So I don't have a buy'ce yet, but i plan on a Jango 2 piece, mostly since i can work out the interior before forming the two pieces together (and my head isn't too big).  The idea is to have two fans, one to pull in cold air and another to expel hot air (building computers taught me that one the hard way), a built in mic + voice amp in front by my mouth (lower edge of the T will have a grill that will accommodate the speaker and mic), and two "listen up" modules for outside sound amplification with a mic at each side by the ears, hidden in the greeblies (two modules for the sake of  providing some audial depth perception). The whole rig should be able to run off of 2 to 3 9-volt batteries with the whole thing circuited to one on-off switch.

What would be fun would also make the mic for the outside voice amp be reroutable to a built in ham radio or cobra channel radio and have everyone on the same channel a an event.  That would feel a special kind of authentic, even if a lot of the physical parts have to be moved to the belt area.  Of course the real topper to that is if someone got ahold of those new flexible LCD 6 inch screens that just got developed and curved onto the inside of their bucket, routed to external minicams on their kit.  That would be a wonderful kind of obsessive that I would bow to.
Shiv, in a vodla manner: I love you. LOL You totally just made me geek ut hardcore! External mics, flexible screens for a truly techie HUD... Yeeeeaaaaahhhh.

« Reply #87 on: Jan 17, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Ram'ser.:-)

Dar'manda

« Reply #88 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Welcome ner vod.

Hey Shiv, how long do you think that it'll be before those kinds of screens become commercially available?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #89 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Alrighty all, let's try to keep the conversation about what my helmet is going to have in it and how did you do that to people's WIP threads please. This is suposed to primarly be a pix thread to sho off what people have done. Unlike most pix threads we allow commenting here but, try to keep it on track with commenting on what people have done not conversation about what will be done etc.

Thanks!

Dar'manda

« Reply #90 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Sorry, I got excited with the flexible screens... :rolleyes:

PMs folks...

whitecrow1

« Reply #91 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:21 PM »

this is the cleanest inner bucket you will ever see haha

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #92 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:47 AM »
there's no way that's real!
lol

Hondo Karr

« Reply #93 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:48 AM »
there's no way that's real!
lol

It is, he got a helmet liner kit and the neck seal that's being offered in the Trading Station. It's a very clean finished look.

ray'K

• cat# 0238
« Reply #94 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:50 AM »
pm me the link if you got it!

whitecrow1

« Reply #95 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:43 PM »
you can get the bucket liner from THIS GUY
and you can get the skirt from HERE

ray'K

• cat# 0238
« Reply #96 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:52 AM »
thanks.
i wonder if that boba will fit the new comando buckets?

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #97 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:09 PM »
The camera focus and angle makes that helmet look like a tiny toy. :D

ray'K

• cat# 0238
« Reply #98 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:17 PM »
that's what i thought!

whitecrow1

« Reply #99 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:14 PM »
lol yeah its my new lens.....aperture at f/1.8 makes the focus range quite tight lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!