Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Player on the Board

• 4 Replies
New Player on the Board
« on: Feb 19, 2020, 01:54 AM »
Hey there! New to the club and living in Regina Saskatchewan.

I'm here hoping to find someone local to help me get started with suiting up and getting a bucket on. I've been lost on where/how to start for years and only just now getting to the forums. Looking forward to making some friends and memories!

~TA

Cin Cabur

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: New Player on the Board
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Welcome Vod!

Retired member here, but soon to be working on a new kit too.  The clan is currently pretty hit or miss for activity, main times to meet up with them would be at the Regina and Saskatoon cons.

Though as I said I'm going to be building a new kit soon (as well as ones for my kids, my wife is still an official member).  Hit me up with a DM and I'll get you my contact info if you want to get better contact than through the forums.  Until then, researching on here is your best bet even though it's not the most easily navigated source of info.

We'll get you sorted out and get you trooping.  Memories shall abound!

:mcq1:

Cin Cabur

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:50 AM »
Forgot to mention...

A good place to start is in deciding what style of costume you want to do, and then looking through what's required for said costume.

Here's the link to where the costume requirements are if you haven't found them already.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-requirements/

It will seem like a lot, but it's not as bad as that.  It makes more sense once you start planning your kit.

Starscream

• We'alor
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:23 AM »
Just as Cin said, the forums have been very hit or miss the past few years, but we are trying to bring everything back onto the forums to get some good conversations going. We have over 10 people in the process of building armour right now, myself included. It would be great to see everyone posting pictures of their armour so we can help each other out. Follow that link that Cin posted, it will send you to the costume requirements page. Most people want to build a modern style armour (Boba Fett style). There are also different classes of armour that you can build (light, medium and heavy). Basically, just more pieces of armour needed for each level.

I will warn you that the approval team is VERY picky about things, so the more of your build you can share with us on the forum, the more we can give you advice on what you might want to fix. That way you should have less issues after the approval team has had a look at it. Fitment of the armour plates is crucial as well as the weathering on your costume. If you do lots of weathering on the armour, the flight suit has to match (and vice versa). So keep that in mind as you build.

You will also want to talk with Abdel, he's our Ruus'alor Sol'yc (clan armour master). He will be able to help you with things as well, but we're all here to help if you have questions.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • The Maestro
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Welcome Tereandere,

Rely on your command team for Oya'la Ca'tra for answers, and as Starscream posted, the more information you provide; resources liked or bought already, will help us get you into Kit in no time.

Biggest area to start is what Era you want to be part of. Modern and Legacy are the most popular for ease of acquiring templates located on the forum (if you need help finding them, I'll post them). You can go outside the norm into Early Crusader if you like the more savage and bone armour style. Hugs will be a problem with those spikes, but it can lead to a lot of fun conversations.

A sketch, no matter your talent with pen or pencil will shape how you see your kit evolve and help us help you. All the best!

MMCC-1421
Shereshir'Ca - 009
B.E.A.R.D.S. - 114

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!