Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kaz's Soft Parts WIP (lots of pics!)

• 1 Replies

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
Kaz's Soft Parts WIP (lots of pics!)
« on: Feb 26, 2020, 12:35 PM »
So since i stayed home sick from work today I figured it was a good day to get some work done on my soft parts.

Dyed my girth belt last weekend. Super happy with the color it came out.

Used a Dremel to chop off the buckle prongs and then worked this side around so that the flat part is facing out.

Decided to use two inch webbing and buckles since I bought the Western-style girth instead of the English style.

First side all done!

Second side, stitched up nice and tight around those little indented parts so the strapping won't move. Hit it very briefly with a lighter to tighten it up too.

Finished product. Left the straps long on purpose... I'll trim them down after I get my flight suit fitted and my flak vest gets here. (This one's a little blurry, sorry.)

Pouches on belt. These are subject to change as I still have to have room to anchor my beskad scabbard (after I get it made) and my knife sheath. Also thinking about picking up a larger leather satchel of some sort to wear on one hip to put my voice amp/cell phone in and maybe use as a medic pouch later on down the road.

My apologies that the next few pics are all in my bathroom... It's the only full length mirror in the house right now. Mirror is also apparently dirty and I didn't notice until after the fact. :laugh:

First fit. Belt was a little loose and I didn't like where it was sitting.

Second fit. I liked placement on this one better. Pouches need closed up to sit properly but I wasn't worried about that today.

Looking forward to feedback!

Edit: I failed the copy/paste game for the last picture url

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
Re: Kaz's Soft Parts WIP (lots of pics!)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:57 AM »
So got some possible gloves. Not sure how I feel about the knuckle armor on them but I only paid a few bucks for them.

And we have a flight suit!

And a flak vest!

And I still need to clean the mirror apparently. Woops.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!