Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando weapons?

• 8 Replies

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Fel D'Kahn
Mando weapons?
« on: Feb 26, 2020, 08:40 PM »
So when the CRLs say, "At least one ranged or close combat weapon of Star Wars universe-style (not Earthly-looking)," does this mean if I have a ranged weapon I don't need a close combat weapon? But I can still have both, right?

Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din. Mando'ad draar digu.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Mando weapons?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:10 AM »
To my understanding, it means that if you have a blaster, verpine,or other ranged weapon that fits within the Star Wars universe, then no, you do not need a melee style weapon for close combat, no. That being said, unless you're going for a Brigade build - which have their own set of additional rules - there's nothing that says you can't have more than the minimum. If you want to do a beskad and a blaster, or a spear and a verpine, or some other combination, you can. The only rules for styling are they need to fit within the Star Wars aesthetic; and no lightsabers or darksabers unless you're doing a canon build of a character that has that specific weapon.

My suggestion is to do multiples anyways. That way you have options depending on the trooping environment. Yes, a vibrohammer or a six foot long sniper rifle look cool, but in a crowded convention center they can get in the way. They can also get extremely heavy over a long troop.

Cheers!

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:44 AM »
You just need to have 1 Star Wars universe-style weapon.

This can be a ranged or melee weapon. You can have as many as you want, but you must have at least 1 weapon to be approved.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Cool, thanks guys. Do you think I'd be able to use a D-93 or nah?

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:33 AM »
It's a Star Wars universe weapon, so it would qualify. It is also something that could be added later, if you wanted to go with a simpler weapon to be approved with.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:55 PM »
Cool, thanks dude.

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:14 PM »
Another question: would an AB-75 Bo-Rifle be approvable? I'm assuming it would be since it's an in-universe weapon, but I just wanted to make sure.

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Another question: would an AB-75 Bo-Rifle be approvable? I'm assuming it would be since it's an in-universe weapon, but I just wanted to make sure.

That would be an intensive build if it were going to be able to change configuration at all .

Improvise Adapt Overcome

A'denadiik (Jaro) Syngh; desert rat, pirate
Wolves of Mandalore Clan
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard - F&AMM - Wrangalor - MMRS - QMU

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:19 PM »
That would be an intensive build if it were going to be able to change configuration at all .
Yeah I know, which is why I'm going to have a back-up until I can get it done. An E-22 will do until I can finish it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!