Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Death Watch Blasters WIP

• 18 Replies
WIP Death Watch Blasters WIP
« on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:24 PM »
Weapons are part of my religion...making my mando a death watch from chapter 8 here we go:
PIcs for reference:

WIP:

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: WIP Death Watch Blasters WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:36 PM »
Looking good!  :like:

« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2020, 12:50 AM »
Did a little detailing to the westar. Added grey to accent some details. Still need to do a little more.

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2020, 02:04 AM »
Looking really good so far

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2020, 10:20 AM »
You're going to want to make sure that all of those print lines are hidden. They are particularly noticeable in the second photo.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2020, 09:05 PM »
You're going to want to make sure that all of those print lines are hidden. They are particularly noticeable in the second photo.

Well....I might be just re doing the westar I tried a different post process on it of using a method of using spray polyurethane and spray paint. I got a better way of doing this now.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Here is a few more pics trying to get the paint close here is the stock in black matte.

Prep with tape and foil.

I wasnt very happy with this the paint kept running in a few places, so I wet sanded the runs out and then re painted as needed.

Had a little run this time and wet sanded with 800 grit and got it out. More to come!

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Looks great, what file did you use or you brought a kit? 

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:46 PM »
Thanks for the response, I bought the parts from premier props before I had my 3d printer.

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Looks pretty great!  :like:

« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:14 PM »
OK I am doing another pistol build based more closely to the live action death watch but will be posting more on this and the rifle is still going just been kinda busy.

Vhett Naast

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2020, 05:55 PM »
Is there any good reference images for their sidearm? I didn't even realize they carried one in the show till I saw the solicitations for the Hot Toys figure recently.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2020, 12:34 AM »
Here is a screenshot not the best but pretty good of at least the grips.

Vhett Naast

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Aaaaahhh gotcha, yeah that is not too much to go on. I'm guessing though based on what you can see its a more realistic approach to the westar pistols the Death Watch carry in the Clone Wars cartoon?

« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2020, 12:11 AM »
Here is a little more progress on the rifle, what I am trying to do is use different forms of black (flat, matte, semi etc..) on the different parts of the rifle, kind of like a real one( 37 MM tear gas launcher) has different material used. To me it looks like the rifle doesnt have much different from the real ones, except for the backwards scope(in star wars fashion  :cookie:)

Gonna be sanding it again after it drys, which may take a little longer with the weather being colder now.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:07 PM »
Update: new blaster pistol based on this:

Fresh off the printer:

After Sanding and more sanding and more sanding:

and then bondo:

This is after the bondo and first layer of primer filler

More on its way

Vhett Naast

« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2020, 05:53 PM »
Looking good man!  :like:

« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2020, 10:18 PM »
Had to apply more filler had some irregular patterns showing so another coat went on

Vhett Naast

« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2020, 01:16 AM »
Looks pretty sharp! I can't wait to see some paint and weathering on this bad boy  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!