Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Another Bucket Build WIP

• 19 Replies
Re: Another Bucket Build WIP
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 04:08 PM »
05/07/2020

Yeah, good work on the recovery
Nice recovery. Well done  :like:

Thank you both, progress has been slower with several papers due and tests for school, still sanding away and filling in low spots, but its getting close.

Also started on the visor, however the material difference between the visor and the template it didnt fit perfect as the actual visor is fairly resistant to bending so i need to trim off a bit on the top to get it to fall into shape better.

Update 05/15/2020

Got a surprise from the wife in the form of a 3D printer to play with.
So I got earcaps and a vent taken care of then started on a weird plan for the visor.

Waiting for filler to dry before i remove the visor and secure these bolts in place and cover them with bondo. Ignore the bit of painters tape on the visor it was held down by the screws and would not tear out easily.

Hopefully this goes smoothly, not super happy with the visors fit on the inside but it works on fine for the moment and can be replaced easily now

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:28 PM by Einrune » Logged
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 10:41 PM »
Hopefully the double post is allowed for updates.

UPDATE: Paint time!

Since I finally made up my mind on this and if i keep sanding there's going to be nothing left to paint.

Still got another small accent color to add and a ton of weathering detail but it is getting close.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 05:21 PM »
Doesn't count as double posting after 24 hours, fyi :). Also, excellent work! Once the weathering is done, this is going to be an awesome bucket :D

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 06:53 AM »
I really like it and I guess because of the ridge on the dome/top it really reminds me of the old Cylon models from Battlestar: Galactica.

« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Pretty much finished up been working on other armor pieces and soft parts acquisition. Have a couple small details i am still looking at adding but it is technically weathered and could be used as is.

Needed to fill in some of that forehead space

Here is a close up of the weathering

Uploading this i realized i have not taken any good finished photos so ill have to do that and update a bit later. Overall I Got it to match my idea from sketchbook pretty close.

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2020, 03:47 PM by Einrune » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!