Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ehn's WIP

• 30 Replies

Ehn

Ehn's WIP
« on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:27 PM »
Hello. Starting a WIP to update the clan on my progress.

I was able to get some 3D printed Beskar style pieces from the Mandalorian for a great deal. They weren't high enough quality for the maker to sell, so I have been using Bondo, Epoxy and sanding to get them to decent condition.

I know there isn't a CRL yet for custom armor from this time period, so I have been mostly fixing and prepping the pieces, trying to wait for the CRL team to finish up.

I'm going to be converting some old scrubs for my flight suit and ordered a custom vest which won't arrive till the end of April.

I have done some initial reshaping on the chest piece to fit a curvy woman, but don't want to mess with it, the back, or belly piece too much until I have some official guidelines to work with. So right now I'm focusing on the pieces that seem pretty straight forward and don't require the vest.

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2020, 10:03 PM by Ehn » Logged

Ehn

Re: Ehn's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:33 PM »
Design inspiration

Ehn

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:50 PM »
Armor upon arrival

Post some sanding, Bondo, and XTC 3D

Ehn

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Layer 1 of filler primer

Ehn

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Layer 1 of filler primer cont

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2020, 01:09 AM »
Ooooooh! Very nice!!!!!

Arqet Clan Alor'ad 2019-2021, Ver'alor 2022
South Central Region Ver Al'verde 2023
Mando Q&A Form
OM#1871b Sabine Wren & Ruu Sedam   
#90 - M5, #038 .G.O.M.O.L., #017 N. O. S.

Ehn

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2020, 10:55 PM »
Got the chrome undercoat done.

Adding the chrome https://imgur.com/gallery/shFqPqR

Ehn

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2020, 11:54 PM »
Base coating with gloss black

Adding the chrome undercoat

scorch sesom

• Every thing is better with a fiery explosion!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2020, 02:12 PM »
ohh that progress is very nice! relly liking the shiny on that chrome undercoat

Progress
armor: 90%painting
buy'ce: 100% completed
soft parts: 50% need to dye jump suit again
weapons: 0%still brain storming

Lie to me once shame on You
Lie to me twice and i will chase u with a base ball bat

Ehn

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2020, 10:37 PM »
Thanks! It came out so much nicer than I thought it would. Just Rust-Oleum metallic chrome on Rust-Oleum gloss black primer.

Ehn

Flight suit
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Waiting on my vest still, but my flight suit is done. Will make adjustments as necessary once I test my armor on it.

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 10:49 PM by Ehn » Logged

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Looking good  :<3:

Ehn

« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2020, 04:25 PM »
Finally back to my kit. Got some painting done.
http://imgur.com/gallery/GZ2NgZj

Ehn

« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2020, 04:26 PM »

Ehn

« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Overall look. Grey is to be painted

Imprecise Test fit ( no vest yet)

Ehn

« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2020, 12:05 PM »
Pads added to helmet

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #16 on: Aug 23, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Loving your progress Ehn! Keep up the great work!

Mando Q&A Form

Ehn

« Reply #17 on: Aug 23, 2020, 09:15 PM »
Cleaned up the lines and evened  out the wear and tear. Still need washes
http://imgur.com/gallery/GKiU89T

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2020, 09:53 PM by Ehn » Logged

Ehn

« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Ordered my boots

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2020, 03:24 PM by Ehn » Logged

Vhekadla Yustapir

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2020, 09:56 AM »
    My advice is to make sure to wait until after pre-app to apply sealer so making fixes is easier. Weclome to the forums, I'm glad to see you actively updating your WIP.

Good job on the line clean up, looking a lot better. There's one spot on the helmet that may be scrutinized because the weathering spot makes it look like the lines were uneven, but I do not think it will be an issue. At some point I'd like to see the fit of the plates to you to see what shaping, and adjusting fut, if any may need to be done.

Great progress so far! I'm also going to move this post to the armor construction board so that we can get more traffic and feedback for you. App team likes to lurk there.  :)

You shared that you were interested in going medical brigade so I've quoted the requirements for you. Our official advice is, build with brigade in mind, don't build for brigade. We want you to become an OM, Brigade Application can happen after. :)

Armor Requirements
Armor - Light to Medium armor. This includes the minimum of knee, groin, torso/chest, shoulder, back, collar, and gauntlet armor.
Helmet - Helmet must fit the helmet of Era specific CRLs.
Backplate - A back plate is required.
Cod- A cod plate is required.
An armored loincloth maybe used in place for light armor classification only
Color - no color requirements.
Weathering - must be consistent and realistic, but heavy weathering is not required.

The Brigade Sigil must be Applied to the left shoulder plate and the plate must be white with a red sigil. Note that the sigil cannot be applied until after acceptance into the profession, simply make a note on your application that the “sigil goes here”.

All medical tools must be visible on the kit, integrated into gauntlets, mounted onto plates in easy access loops, or in similar matters so they are both visible and easy to use. The medical supplies should be stored in the medic bag or backpack.

Weapon Requirements
   Primary weapon must be the following:
  • A Beskad for Honorable Mercy and last ditch surgery or defense

Required Accessories - Primary Accessories - all of the following items are required:
  • Medic bag or backpack with medic symbol (either the Cross of Healing can be used or the Republic Medical Symbol.

Choose at least three of the following medical supplies:
  • Bacta or Kolto ampule
  • Stimulants / Tranquilizers
  • Flexclamps
  • Synthflesh
  • Irrigation bulbs
  • Spray bandages
  • Bacta patches
  • Bandaging materials

Choose at least three of the following medical tools:
  • Scalpel - either vibro, laser or sonic
  • Laser cauterizer
  • Sample analyzer
  • Medical scanner
  • Revival equipment
  • Splints
  • O2 delivery system
  • Bacta grenades
[/list]

Arqet Clan
Alor’ad: 2022-Present , Ruus’alor Sol’yc: 2020-2021, Ruus’alor: 2020

"Inspire others to weather adversity and cultivate growth through empathy and leadership, so that every person may be empowered to reach for their stars."

Path to Brigade:  Armor Thread

Ehn

« Reply #20 on: Aug 29, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Boots are here

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2020, 11:21 PM »
Those boots are very cool! what brand are they? They look great as is but are you planning on adding to them? Forgive me I'm unable to view your concept design, I can't remember about the shoe area.

Mando Q&A Form

Vhekadla Yustapir

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2020, 10:01 AM »
      Reference Photo List at Request of OM (Will update with images and forum links as I find):

• Medical Scanners
      - TBD
      • O2 Delivery Systems
      -TBD

• Laser Cauterizers
      Gauntlet Option:

Other Options may include taking glue-guns/hand-held devices swarzing them up and adding a "red light" on activation ro simulate a hand-held laser cauterizor.

• Bacta Grenades

• Spray Bandages
-TBD
  • Irrigation Bulbs
An irrigation bulb was an item found in a medi-pack. It was a small, disposable container filled with a cleansing fluid used on small wounds. The bulb incorporated a nozzle for the application of the cleansing liquid onto the affected area.

You may be able to swarz up something like this to look more in-universe. Get a few of them and holster them. It's the closest thing I can find which matches the description above as an example. I cannot find any in-universe examples. https://www.amazon.com/Irrigation-Bulb-Syringe-Kendall-Covidien/dp/B018KTJFGM

• Flex Clamps
Flex Clamps were a surgical instruments that were found in a medi-pack. It was comprised of three adjustable claws which were attached to the end of a flexible shaft. Flexclamps were used to pinch off blood vessels in areas that were difficult to reach.

I have not found in-universe examples but the above description should give a reasonable starting point for creativity.
[/list][/list]

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2020, 11:22 AM by Vhekadla Yustapir » Logged
Arqet Clan
Alor’ad: 2022-Present , Ruus’alor Sol’yc: 2020-2021, Ruus’alor: 2020

"Inspire others to weather adversity and cultivate growth through empathy and leadership, so that every person may be empowered to reach for their stars."

Path to Brigade:  Armor Thread

Ehn

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Helmet post brown wash. Think I'm done with it unless you have feedback

Ehn

« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Blaster WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!