Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tom'yc Tolase Legacy Concept

• 2 Replies
Tom'yc Tolase Legacy Concept
« on: Mar 06, 2020, 03:42 PM »
Props to those of you who are artistically inclined. I am not. As a result, I'll be limited to line drawings I can find online, or color filling template drawings in paint.
This thread will serve as my design phase for my first build. As indicated in the subject line, I'm going for a Legacy build. I'm still undecided regarding whether to build out of metal or plastic. (Eventually, I will have a metal set, just because.) I'm motivated to build right now, and it seems like plastic will be easier, so I'll probably go that route. If I'm just completely wrong, then please let me know.

For now, I still need to figure out most of my soft parts. Gloves will be these:

I know they need the logo removed, and weathering added. I'm also going to blacken the white band at the cuff.

Color scheme for a helmet is here:

If anyone has a good template for a Legacy style helmet, please please please share. I haven't been able to find one yet.

Armor color scheme:

I know the cod piece isn't in there, and the knee plates are way out of proportion, but it was easier to put together this way.

Still undecided on vambraces. I might go plain for the first build, then add on as I go. Might buy a set like Bo Katan's. I like wrist-mounted blades. I have a pair of black faux leather boots, nearly knee-high that I plan to rivet the shin plates and boot covers to. I bought then for a dark Jedi costume I initially built years ago. They will need a little work to pass muster. I'll likely be making my flak vest out of vinyl I picked up a few years ago with the intent of making some leather boots and gloves. I need to replace my sewing machine. If I find a good flight suit, and a flak vest I like for purchase that comes out cheaper than a replacement sewing machine I may go that route. Haven't decided.

So, CRLs:
Helmet: Leaning towards a 5-gal bucket build if I can find a Legacy pattern, open to suggestions
Armor: Probably Sintra, color scheme planned, need a pattern for a cod piece. Using Drakes Legacy Armor Patterns V.1. Leaning towards snapping the plates to the flak vest
Vambraces/Gauntlets: Likely to purchase from Continuous Sales forum, may build something relatively plain from same material as torso armor
Soft Parts: Flak Vest: likely black sewn vinyl. Flight Suit: still searching, I've seen some online that I like, but not enough to purchase (yet). Cape: undecided, no duster. Kama: Not this time around, unless I find a stellar design I can't live without. Waist: Build or purchase gunslinger holster belt and bandoleer (need somewhere for my beskad). Gloves: need to purchase/modify. Boots: minor modification (probably) needed.
Weapon: Need to find/design a beskad I like. Also want Verp shatter pistol and long gun

Mavik

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Tom'yc Tolase Legacy Concept
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:33 AM »
I've had metal and Sintra sets both are great. Personally I think both are pretty equal in build difficulty as long as you have the right tools for the job. For most people sintra is the better option with room and expense of tools . It is a great material that you can play around with without breaking the bank. Plus the noise level while working on it is normally more tolerable for most households. I do love my metal sets though and I am not always the kindest to my kits so metal is nice for that.

Re: Tom'yc Tolase Legacy Concept
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Thanks for the input, Mavik. I think I'll hold off on the metal set until I can get a forge up and running.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!