Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kaz's SWG Armor WIP (Plate Sizing- 4/19)

• 4 Replies

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
Kaz's SWG Armor WIP (Plate Sizing- 4/19)
« on: Mar 06, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Got my templates cut out and taped on since my flak vest finally arrived!

Tape didn't wanna stick to the vest but I did the best I could. Size/placement feedback anyone?

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2020, 03:46 PM by Kazya Rembrea » Logged

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Kaz's SWG Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Looks good!  Collar plates should be shifted up a little bit.  Everything else seems proportionally correct and well spaced other than the left chest plate being out a bit ( i assume because of the raised arm) which shouldn't be a problem with your real plates.

Kazya Rembrea

Re: Kaz's SWG Armor WIP
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Progress!

Everything is cut out now.

(yeah, I know the collar plates are on the wrong side, I was just making sure I had everything cut out at that point lol)

And I put my knees and shoulders together.

Hand armor!

That and my chest diamond are currently curing their coat of XTC-3D so I can start sanding once my wet sandpaper gets here.

Kazya Rembrea

Re: Kaz's SWG Armor WIP (Actual armor! 4/6)
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Did my first shaping/fitting today... Might need to trim a little off the sides. Chest needs some more bendy bend too so it doesn't float in the middle so much.

Avelin Kel

• OM#2248
Re: Kaz's SWG Armor WIP (Plate Sizing- 4/19)
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Love the look of this armor style! Yours is coming together very fast!

Looks like the top of your left chest plate might need to be shaped towards you a tad more, and the spacing of the chest fangs down near the ab plate may need to be formed closer to your body. If there is a way you can give us a shot from each side that would help with providing any comments on spacing too.

If you have a really hard time crossing your arms in front of you, or holding them out straight you are getting poked, a trim may not hurt. They do look like an okay size to me though. Maybe if you were to decrease the angle going to the point from the top edge on the side of the chest plates? That looks like the part that would poke you.

The only other critique I have is that your flak vest may need to be tightened up a tad. In the pic with your templates it looks a bit loose.

Excited to see more work!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!