Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - First armour set, feedback on build concept

• 1 Replies
I have a question about:

Hi, I have built and outed my first Mando armour set. I  wanted to confirm the general 'visuals' matched the costume guidelines.
The shoulder armour is 'unique' but it says double panel is allowed and I think it protects required areas?
Also does overall width of chest armour need to come in.
I was advised by a Merc club member that my helmet would pass muster (materials are card, filler and resin), do I share in this forum?
As for the rest of outfit, material is foam so needs to be remade in suitable materials.

Really keen for feedback. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DzbKJ99Pqnykz8xv6GkJzLVNflVZKbEv

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mOVkLiOYneV8DpbZWuUPBSdAzI9FRqfW

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2020, 11:34 PM by Malakier Vhett » Logged

Venix Arden

• Wherever you go...there you are!
Re: Question - First armour set, feedback on build concept
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Hello and thank you for your question!

The basic style of your armor is approvable, however it is difficult to tell sizing based on these pictures.

The overall width of your armor plates should match your body style and provide appropriate coverage for heigth and width.

And yes, foam is not an approved building material for armor plates. Approved materials are Sintra, PVC, ABS etc etc. Assuming it is completely coated in resin, your helmet should be acceptable, though we would recommend additional reinforcement with fiberglass mat.

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2020, 10:45 PM by Malakier Vhett » Logged
There's more than one way to put lipstick on a dead horse

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!