Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Eva foam

• 2 Replies
Question - Eva foam
« on: Mar 13, 2020, 02:52 PM »
I have a question about:

I know you cant use foam for your armour plates,but can it be used if covered with resin or warbla

Shev'la Ram'ser

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
Re: Question - Eva foam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2020, 07:22 PM »
I have a question about:

I know you cant use foam for your armour plates,but can it be used if covered with resin or warbla

Cannot be used as it would not hold up and worbla can only be used for detail.

CRL
-Worbla is only allowed for adding additional details to armor plates as it is not strong enough on its own.
-Any visible EVA foam is not allowed. EVA foam is only allowed as backing for other materials as long as it is not visible

another option would be Fiberglassed/resined paper board but EVA should be avoided for armor

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Question - Eva foam
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2020, 10:03 PM »
If you use a combination of fiberglass and resin, you might be able to use it, as fiberglass is an approved material and at that point the eva just becomes backing. however you would have to completely enclose the edges so that no EVA can be seen from any angle. It also must be fitted correctly to your body, without the edges lifting away from your body. This will be difficult to get right as the EVA naturally wants to lay flat.

Pressure makes gems. Ease makes decay

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!