Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Material folding reinforcment

• 1 Replies
Question - Material folding reinforcment
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 08:11 AM »
I have a question about:

Hi there!

I've a history with high explosives and material reinforcement.

I've been looking at still images from the Mandalorian TV series, and seen an interesting development that falls in line with my thinking.

Image One, should be the "Heavy Infantry" helmet without ears. The cheek bones/jawline are what I'm primarily looking at here.

The material here has the look of being folded for structural strength and reinforcement. Looking at this from a "Modern" or "Legacy" perspective, removing the ear caps and replacing them with Boba style ones (much lower profile) would this be an acceptable helmet to use? Or would it be more acceptable reinforcement style to use on a plain "Modern" era lid?

Image 2, should show the titular character himself from "The Mandalorian" TV series. The subject of interest however is the shoulder guards.

Again we see material folding acting as structural reinforcment on the edges and down the face. I'll overlook the decorative aspect on the top forward face. This echoes my above notation as being designed for dispersing energy and bracing the material itself. My question is this: Is this style acceptable for "Modern" or "Legacy" armour?

So, stepping away from the TV series, and doing a TL;DR of the questions I have. Is it acceptable to use Structural Grooved Seams on armour?

I can provide concept sketches as I finish them. My primary thrust is toward a legacy style plate set with a Modern helmet designed toward receiving concussive and heavy impacts.

Brute Force and Ignorance are capable of changing the universe.

Ignorance of those who have gone before, means you do not know what is impossible.

Brute Force allows you to break the rules that others can merely bend.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Question - Material folding reinforcment
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2020, 11:27 PM »
that look is perfectly acceptable.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!