Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Jawa Mandolorian, is a flight suit mandatory?

• 1 Replies
I have a question about:

Hi there, I am currently brainstorming on making a Jawa Mandalorian and I have a concept pretty much ready, however there is one little thing: the CRL states that a flight suit is mandatory. I can meet just about every requirement with the build I have in mind, just not the flight suit.

I currently own a 501st approved Jawa costume and the fabric used for it isn't really suited for a flight suit, also, the charm of a jawa is really those robes, nobody has ever seen the legs of a jawa or what they look like under those robes. Do they even have legs?

I have seen a duster suggestion, however the problem is that the hood needs to be detached from the cloak part, because you need cable or wiring to keep the hood open, to create the jawa look.

Any tips or ideas are very welcome! I also added a link to the dutch forum with the entire idea written down and sketches drawn so you guys can see what I came up with.

thanks in advance!

Dekan Korr

• Hold my blue milk
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work Celebration Chicago
Re: Question - Jawa Mandolorian, is a flight suit mandatory?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2020, 11:30 PM »
For alien builds, the only time the flight suit requirement is waived is in the case of those aliens that have a thick fur coat, such as Wookiees and Ewoks. While the Jawa robes are iconic, they would not do for a flight suit substitution.
In the case of a Jawa, the duster suggestion would be the best path forward, bearing in mind that the sleeves would have to be removed completely in order to ensure that the other required elements of the costume on the arms (shoulders and gauntlets) were visible.

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. By orders of magnitude. || Thingiverse

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!