Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Raeza Concept

• 9 Replies

Raeza

Raeza Concept
« on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:41 AM »
Originally I wanted to use this concept, but was told it was to girly. I decided to go ahead and do it anyway, because I like it lol I also decided to go with a subtle hexagon pattern on the helmet and a few of the other pieces; probably the chest piece, maybe the collar and shoulder as well. I'm excited to start this weekend!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Raeza Concept
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:25 PM »
You can like whatever colours you like, "girly colours" are a social construct. I'm a girl - doesn't mean I have to love pink (for the record, I despise pink). As long as you're following the CRLs - so no glitter paint, or copying a design from a non star wars source, as examples, it's all good.

I like your design. It's simple, yet the colour accents on the hexagons are a great detail.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2020, 12:04 AM »
For what it's worth, "too girly" is pretty much the last thing that comes to mind when I look at your concept. It's feminine, but not super over the top. I like it!  :<3:

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP

Raeza

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Thank you guys! I got to work on it and it's looking cool so far!

Raeza

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Starting to come together!

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:45 PM »
It is indeed coming together. I've got a few suggestions for what you've got so far:
- Making the ab plate wider and about half as high as it is now. That will let it sit beneath the two breast plates without overlapping them and will be nicely clear of your waist items.
- Left hand gauntlet seems a little small as it is, it might benefit from being enlarged.
- I would suggest increasing the size of the collar panels a little, they feel quite small and don't really fill the gap between neck and chest plates.

The colour, pattern and weathering has come out beautifully though, I'm especially loving the weathering as it's so subtle but just the right amounts to be nice and convincing.
I'm looking fowards to seeing the rest completed now.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Raeza

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Thank you! Other tips I've gotten from my clan is:

-App team will most likely want a photo with and without the bandoleer.
-The ab plate is floating and it needs to be flattened out a bit. You want it to hug your body and be snug. It also needs to be brought down a bit.
-The cod piece is a tad on the crooked side.
-The knees need to be dead even with each other (hard to tell because of the stance on the photo) and the same goes for the shin plates. They also need to be a bit more snug and less loose on the flight suit.
-As for the boot plates, I would recommend trimming those down a bit and shaping them a little bit more.
-You need to do the same type of weathering throughout your kit (i.e. flight suit, flak vest, etc). The app team likes consistency in weathering.
- tucking in the gloves.

I'll take all the feedback and compile it into a "fix list", thank you so much!

Raeza

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:40 PM »
Would it be okay to keep the collar plate separated like that? Into three pieces?

Kris Jasra

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:45 PM »
Yes, mine's in three parts. Just make them all a little bigger to better cover the gaps.

And that's all a useful list - I just concentrated on things that might need trimming or remaking rather than little tucks, but they're all good to keep in mind as you get the final parts assembled.

Raeza

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Thank you, I’ll start working on the list!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!