Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Gaiters

• 1 Replies
Question - Gaiters
« on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:22 AM »
I have a question about:

I plan on doing gaiters to cover the laces/eyelets of my boots and cover my calf up to just below my knee, to support shnee armour, and to keep the hem of my pants neat. Are side laces an acceptable method of closure? If not, what do you recommend?

Also, are ribbed elastic cuffs, of the kind you see on bomber jackets, acceptable for flight suit sleeves? I'm looking to make my kit so that I have no fabric cuffs hanging open anywhere.

Shev'la Ram'ser

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Question - Gaiters
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:18 PM »
I have a question about:

I plan on doing gaiters to cover the laces/eyelets of my boots and cover my calf up to just below my knee, to support shnee armour, and to keep the hem of my pants neat. Are side laces an acceptable method of closure? If not, what do you recommend?

Also, are ribbed elastic cuffs, of the kind you see on bomber jackets, acceptable for flight suit sleeves? I'm looking to make my kit so that I have no fabric cuffs hanging open anywhere.

As far as the gaiters are concerned laces on the side will be fine, just can't be on the front.

As for the cuffs, it really doesn't matter since it will be covered by the gauntlets and/or gloves.

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 11:31 PM by Malakier Vhett » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!