Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How I made my girth belt (very simple)

• 0 Replies
How I made my girth belt (very simple)
« on: Mar 25, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Hello vode

I wanted to show you how I've made my girthbelt, I've mainly used this tutorial as a guide: Rav Sta'is - How to make a simple girth belt

I first measured my waist where I wanted my girthbelt to be.
After that I used a chair and a pillow to carefully roll the cord around it using the measurment of my waist.
I used ductape to keep it all place.

Then every 10 - 15 cm / 4 - 6 inches I sewed the strands together. One time up and one time down.

Then I cut it.

As you can see it wasn't cut straight, but that resolved itself since I needed a gap.

Then I cut both sides straight. Melted the edges and sewed the strands together at the ends.

I put it on my body. There was now a gap of 20 cm / 7.9 inch.

I cut out 40 cm / 15.7 inch of a sturdy fabric. The width of the piece of fabric was in total 4 cm / 1.6 inch wider than the width of the girth belt.

Then I cut that piece and put on hot glue on 5 cm / 2 inch of the fabric.
I also put hotglue on the upper and lower sides that were wider than the grith belt itself and folded it over (not shown).

I put velcro on both sides.

And here is the finished product.

I highly recommend sewing over the fabric and over the velcro as well so that everything definitely stays in place.

This was a very simple way with not that many necessities to make it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!