Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Drala the Varactyl Rider

• 7 Replies

Raeza

Drala the Varactyl Rider
« on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:11 PM »
So to start my Varactyl inspired twi'lek build, I'm starting with the helmet, just to see if I can even handle the twi'lek aspect.

Concept of the build:

Concept for the helmet:

Piecing it together:

Please ignore the paint on both the lekku and the helmet. I got the helmet 2nd hand like that, just to cut up and practice with so it needs to be repainted, and the lekku were painted with the wrong type of paint. I'm in the long process of removing it.

Other than that I've got the feathers and paint on order, stuff should start getting here around the 15th so I can get the helmet at least put together.

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2020, 04:28 PM by Raeza » Logged

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Drala the Varactyl Rider
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Before adding to the helmet make sure you put both lekku and faceplate on and get them comfortable and so you can see to ensure you won't need any shaping to fit over the top of the lekku. Some sets can sit fine with just flat back extensions, some require more of a curve at the top of the dome to fit them. It'd be a shame to make it all them find out that a flat extension pushes the helmet out of place so you can't see easily or you have to wear the lekku at a jaunty angle to fit them in.

I'm loving the concept through, I do like that aqua colour and the feather layering down the lekku.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Raeza

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Thank you! It all fits together with plenty of room, in fact I need to shape the flat pieces more to fit the lekku.

The flat part is going to be covered in feathers, I just have to work out the logistics of it this weekend lol

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Easier option for you, no top dome shaping. Lucky :P. I certainly agree that there's a fair bit needed on the ends.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Raeza

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Easier option for you, no top dome shaping. Lucky :P. I certainly agree that there's a fair bit needed on the ends.

While I have you here, since it's not letting me ask questions in the Q&A section, would something like this be acceptable? I was thinking of adding plates over the gauntlet and shoulder area.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:56 PM »
As long as both are covered with enough plating to satisfy the minimum amounts required in the CRL leather can be used as a plate carrier. However I am curious as to how the top section sits with the collar and shoulder, what sits over and what's under. How are you planning to wear it, or are you cuttring it down?

Raeza

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2020, 03:02 PM »
I was going to cut down sections. I wouldn't know 100% until I had my flak vest to try with it, to see where things needed to sit. I Most likely wont use it, just wanted to check!

Raeza

« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2020, 01:49 AM »
Helmet WIP:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!