Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

is this rifle a good start ?

• 10 Replies
is this rifle a good start ?
« on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Wondering about making a rifle , I have some parts, the basic rifle looks like this:

Wondering what I would have to do to get it approved?  To me, it kinda has the SW look already.  I was thinking of the muzzle being right at the end of the vented handguard and having some sort of flash hider/ pulse emmiter on it.  what else would i need to do?

A Foundling

• What about the droid attack on the Wookies?
Re: is this rifle a good start ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2020, 02:59 AM »
Image doesn't show up for me

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2020, 09:32 AM »
Maybe now?

something like this is what i have in mind.  Thoughts?  Opinions?

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2020, 11:00 AM by Ahn'vil Burk'yc » Logged

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2020, 03:24 PM »
I think your mock-up is a good start. I'd even suggest throwing a greeblie or two on the stock, kinda like Boba Fett. You might decide to get rid of any remaining iron sights since you're planning on having that scope thing on it.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

JarekVekarrIrunel

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Israeli FAL shorty... NOICE!

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2020, 11:00 AM »

As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.[/quote]

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Thanks.  I've ordered a part, and have plans to build around it.  Looks like a weapon will be my first build.  Still on the lookout for building a pistol blaster.  Im looking at this rifle as medium range carbine.  I've looked and haven't seen anything built based on an FAL rifle in the SW universe, does that mean I get to name it and outline is capabilities?

Edited to add:  I'm planning on a full metal build if that matters to anyone.  Also, I know the CRL's say you have to remove any guts such as airsoft or anything that shoots projectiles.  But, what about using lights and sounds?  Is that ok, or do weapons have to be completely inert?

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2020, 01:22 PM by Sclearman » Logged

A Foundling

• What about the droid attack on the Wookies?
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2020, 01:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure lights and sounds are allowed, but probably ask an OM

RC-3141

• Probably putting off post-processing my 3D prints
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2020, 01:39 PM »
Also, I know the CRL's say you have to remove any guts such as airsoft or anything that shoots projectiles.  But, what about using lights and sounds?  Is that ok, or do weapons have to be completely inert?

I've seen other builds with lights and sounds, I think the CRLs are specifically referring to moving parts like springs, firing mechanisms, etc.

Weapons WIP Thread
Armor WIP Thread
Soft Goods WIP Thread

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way as to take the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2020, 09:29 PM »
RC-3141 has it right.  Lights and sounds are perfectly okay.  Anything that can propel a projectile has to be removed.  Some springs are allowed, like in the trigger mechanism (where you'd put the switch or circuit closure for the lights and sounds), but nothing that if it breaks catastrophically can send a piece swinging, flying, or poking out that could potentially injure a member of the public.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Excellent, thank you for the clarification.  I hope to start work this week, and possibly start a WIP thread soon.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!