Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hi! Brand new to this please help me

• 1 Replies
Hi! Brand new to this please help me
« on: Apr 20, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Ok, so I'm brand new to all of this. My initial ideas for a Mando kit look something along the lines of a Grecko-Romanesque Hoplite. I haven't drawn out a definitive plan for it yet. I'm kind of looking for an answer. Can I put a crest/fin on the top of my helmet? It would be something like a Spartan from 300. So I'm thinking a night owl style visor and the crest/fin/sail/whatever the official name for it is on the top and the armor, color-wise would be mostly Scarlet and Bronze, Any thoughts? I figure its kind of an omage to the inspirations of Mandalorians.

« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2020, 02:37 PM by Vikye Aroce » Logged

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Hi! Brand new to this please help me
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Hey there!

I saw that you commented on one of our Rancor threads and I thought I'd check in with you here too!

So just to get you on the right track before you get too far into planning, we do not allow crossover style kits. There's a rule about 80% Mando and 20% "inspired by". As long as we see a Mando first and your inspiration second, you might be alright. Be sure to draw up or mock up your ideas before digging into your materials so that we can keep you CRL (Costume Requirement List) compliant. Remember, we encourage our members to create a character that looks like he or she could be seen on a Star Wars movie set. You want to stick to the Mandalorian look as much as possible for approval!  :)

But as for the crest, yes! You totally can do a crest or fin on top, similar to a clone trooper bucket. There are several folks who do a crest/fin on their buckets. And as for colors, normally the colors aren't much of an issue, but for you it might depend on the style of armor you do and your accessories and soft parts (vest, boots, flight suit, etc). That's only because you're going for the Roman influence. But to play it safe, you'll want to sketch up some ideas and keep us in the loop!

Have you had a chance to read our [img=http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=148403.0]http://New Member Resource Thread[/img] on the Rancor Clan boards yet? There should be a good bit of information to help you out.

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!