Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

"Sharp points and edges"

• 2 Replies

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
"Sharp points and edges"
« on: Aug 07, 2020, 08:02 PM »
The CRL's state, "Close combat weapons cannot have any sharp points or edges," but what is the definition? How much of a break is required before an edge or a point is passable? Quarter-inch roundover or just breaking the edge?

Thanks for any info.

A'den Syngh; desert rat
Wera Syngh; pilot
Wolves of Mandalore Clan
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard  F&AMM - Wrangalor - QMU - Desert Wolves
Tales from the Werlaara

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: "Sharp points and edges"
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2020, 03:00 PM »
It's not specifically mentioned because it's more or less a case by case judgement.  Essentially, when preparing your weapons, consider public safety and likely accidental contacts (people bumping into you), and modify the points and edges enough so that they won't hurt people in those accidental contacts.   A smooth and dull prop is the end goal.

I could, in theory, still hurt someone with the big wooden sword pictured in my signature if I really meant to, but there's zero chance some kid who's not paying attention is going to get cut if he runs onto the blade.

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
Re: "Sharp points and edges"
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Thanks, OriKad, that gives me a tactile goal as I work.  :cookie:

A'den Syngh; desert rat
Wera Syngh; pilot
Wolves of Mandalore Clan
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard  F&AMM - Wrangalor - QMU - Desert Wolves
Tales from the Werlaara

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!