Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New blaster rifle build

• 7 Replies

Kall

• Run and you'll just die tired.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
New blaster rifle build
« on: May 02, 2020, 06:57 AM »
Let's try this again.  I had to abandon my previous attempt at a custom build due to the base being made of very low quality plastic. I picked this base up at my local Goodwill a while back and am finally getting around to really working on it.

The idea for this build came from watching Rogue One and Solo. I like the idea of modular and adaptable weapons. The barrel, stock, and scope are removable and I will be making interchangeable parts for it in the future.

Re: New blaster rifle build
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Like the mod ups, making it look like a serious weapon. Love to see the final paint on that baby.  Does it have a working trigger system, electronics?

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2020, 01:43 PM »
I also got this exact base from a thrift shop a while ago, and am interested in seeing the final product! 

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Hey Kall, this looks great! How did you attach the scope? It looks like maybe a piece of sintra in there, then attached to the rifle somehow- JB Weld? I've got the same scope and I'm trying to figure out how to attach to a Westar 34, so any tips would be amazing.

Kall

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:40 AM »
The scope has a piece of pvc one the bottom that I ran the bolts through.  I inset a few magnets in the pvc and have magnets set into where it mounts to the rifle.

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2020, 03:01 PM »
The scope has a piece of pvc one the bottom that I ran the bolts through.  I inset a few magnets in the pvc and have magnets set into where it mounts to the rifle.

Ahhh, that makes sense! Off to find some good magnets.

Durkev Zandar

• TC/BH-7278
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:13 AM »
sweet build

Kall

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2020, 03:20 AM »
Got a little more work done on this build. Hopefully we will be ready for paint soon

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!