Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dome Material?

• 4 Replies
Dome Material?
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:49 PM »
So since I've got plenty of time at home now, I've finally decided to start working on my helmet.
The most worrying part for me is the helmet and with my original plan of using sintra, it seemed too difficult.
A few friends have made their mando helmets already but they used eva foam and the dome turned out really well. So I was thinking, would it be acceptable/feasible to use eva foam for the dome with the rest of the helmet and armor being sintra? I haven't really looked at all of the guidelines in a bit but I don't remember anything much about helmet material.

Thank you

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!
"Don't mess with mandalorians!"

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Dome Material?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 01:19 PM »
EVA foam is not an acceptable material.  Most people use a bike or skate helmet for the dome on a diy helmet.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 01:27 PM »
Darn, I was worried it wouldn't be allowed. Thank you though!

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!
"Don't mess with mandalorians!"

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 01:54 PM »
Some have also used hard hats with the brims trimmed off.

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 03:29 PM »
If you don’t like the looks of the Mohawks on hard hats look up construction bump caps. They are basically like a less sturdy hard hat and look like a plastic baseball cap. Bonus they run pretty cheap.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!