Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Build - 95th Rifles Homage

• 10 Replies

Wfet

First Build - 95th Rifles Homage
« on: May 12, 2020, 04:55 PM »
Howdy!

I am beginning my first build and want to put the following concept out here for advice and opinions.

This kit would be classified as Light or Medium, and I plan for the paint scheme to be similar to that of the 95th Rifles uniform pictured below. (Fun fact: the Sharpe series stars Sean Bean in a non-dying role!)

Would this idea go against any rules or standards that would prevent it being approved? It will be modified to fit the style of Modern Armor and general Star Wars feel.

Thanks for any and all input!

Keep your distance, but don't look like you're keeping your distance...fly casual

Wfet

Re: First Build - 95th Rifles Homage
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Also, how do I include pictures?

Keep your distance, but don't look like you're keeping your distance...fly casual

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Here how to post pictures.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 06:20 PM »
He didn't die in National Treasure, either!

Love the green kit, always made more sense than the lobsters.

Wfet

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 07:28 AM »
And here is the reference picture

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:22 PM »
as a former member of the silver bugle club, we the few, the proud, the chosen men

look up a band called Forlorn Hope and John Tams who played Daniel Hagman

Wfet

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2020, 11:13 AM »
Howdy All!

Been a while since I followed up on this. Recent purchase and move into new house delayed WIP for a bit.

Here are some sketches of my proposed color scheme and flak vest design. The good folks in the Bes'uliik Clan have been very helpful and supportive.

Looking forward to getting supplies to begin a full WIP post.

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2020, 01:03 PM »
I don't understand exactly what's on the thigh plates, but this is a really cohesive color scheme.  This is a nicely prepped kit design, keep up the great work!

Wfet

« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2020, 04:03 PM »
I don't understand exactly what's on the thigh plates, but this is a really cohesive color scheme.  This is a nicely prepped kit design, keep up the great work!

It is my poor drawing attempt at some of the frogging designs seen on Napoleonic uniforms. See earlier inspiration pictures

PorkRoll

• try to avoid a mandon't
« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2020, 05:46 PM »
"Chosen men?! I didn't choose you" one of the greatest lines ever.  I'm a huge fan of sharpe. Fantastic idea for inspiration.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!