Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

War hammer question

• 1 Replies

Kahleen

• Tae'via Bralor
War hammer question
« on: May 27, 2020, 09:54 PM »
Hey everyone,
I was looking into melee weapons, and it seems like its hard to find one that will be accepted.
I was interested in mace, which from what i read, would be denied. (EDIT: I found one on the mando mercs insta... So now I am just confused about maces) Then I moved onto stun batons, but I dont think that would fit the era for my build.
I was looking at the armorer's hammer from the mandalorian, and I came across this war hammer. They are similar but the war hammer is obviously a real 'earth' weapon from history.
But since they look so similar would it really matter?

I would love to use the war hammer as my main weapon. ( not that one exactly, but same shape overall ) - if this design is still too earthy, by making a few changes but keeping the same concept work?

What are your thoughts?

Here are two pictures to compare.
(war hammer)

(the armorer's hammer)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:06 AM by Kahleen » Logged

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: War hammer question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:55 AM »
They're similar because there's only so much you can do with a hammer's design.  You got the head for blunt damage, and the spike's for punching through armor, and the long-ish handle for leverage and versatility.  You should be fine as long as you don't make it out of metal.  Worst case, you may have to add some greeblies to make it look more techy.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!