Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Omega_Tahu's Armor WIP

• 3 Replies
Omega_Tahu's Armor WIP
« on: Jan 24, 2021, 12:35 AM »
After pretty much finishing up on my helmet, I figured it's about time I moved onto the armor.

I did some searching online for some free 3D files for chest armor, but after not finding any particularly great results I ended up just quickly modelling some. To test the size of the armor I imported the file into armor smith and made some mock-up plates out of paper.

Before I go ahead with the investment of actually printing the armor out, what should I change to improve the sizing? I'm thinking it may need to be a little taller, but I'm not too sure yet.

Re: Omega_Tahu's Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2021, 11:59 PM »
After a while of not really working on this, I finally got around to printing out the chest plates

As I don't have a flak vest yet, I ended up just taping them to my shirt to get a test fit. All in all I think it fits pretty well overall, but a proper flak vest would definitely help.

Or'sir Naymiit'e

• Kaysh meg miit'gaana, oyacyi.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:18 PM »
Awesome work, vod! That helmet looks amazing! Just a quick warning: you'll want to make sure that your chest plates have some sort of shaping on them; that is, they can't just be flat pieces of plastic. I don't know if you can reshape 3D prints or not, but you'll definitely want to look into that before moving forward. I'd hate to see those plates go to waste

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2021, 10:27 AM »
yeah, I'm aware that they need some shaping to them and modelled them with that so they print with a curvature already. It doesn't really look that way in the photo mostly because it's not a proper flak vest and I attached them with painter's tape that I had laying around, but I promise it's there.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!