Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - A Couple Soft Goods Questions

• 1 Replies
Question - A Couple Soft Goods Questions
« on: Jun 24, 2020, 10:55 PM »
I have a question about:

I'm looking to do a soft cod for my armor but can't find any good references. Is there a good place for references on the forum or elsewhere that I'm missing?

These are the boots I would like to use. I have been warned that the triangles are most likely too earthy. The second and third pictures show where I plan on putting boot armor. Would this be approvable? I know I still need to hide the laces. Thanks!

Ascalon

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
Re: Question - A Couple Soft Goods Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:08 PM »
I don’t know of a specific reference for soft cods.  In canon Scout Troopers and Darth Vader are examples of different types of soft cods.  Soft cods of just fabric or fabric with small segmented plates for flexibility have been done.  Studying photos of kits will probably give you the best examples. Pilot kits tend to have soft cods and you may find examples there.

As to the boots those would be too “earthy.”  Even with the toe plate covering and the laces covered they would be very recognizable.  There are many shapes and labels that would need to be altered or removed to change the silhouette of the boots enough not to recognize them.

PP1 Boba Fett WIP

Tra’cor Clan MMCC1981

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!