Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kal Skirata -Done- Merc Approved & Now the First 501st Aprpoved Kal Skirata!!

• 91 Replies

tk2280

• 1st Official Kal Skirata of the Mercs & 501st
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 09:19 AM by tk2280 » Logged
--- STILL THE LOWEST PRICED SINTRA ARMOR ON THE MERCS ---
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19763.0

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Kal Skirata -Done- APP sent Today.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:43 PM »
where's your armored collar?

looks great, cooments made at tdh apply here as well.

tk2280

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:45 PM »
where's your armored collar?

looks great, cooments made at tdh apply here as well.

I took it off for the bucket of pic.  i do not have much of a neck and it makes my head look all smushy.  it was on for the armored pics though.  Just thought it looked off when the bucket was off.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2009, 10:44 PM »
here's jaime's artwork. trying to deermine if it was for lfl... he does ALOT of works for them:

side note, can you show a pic of your armored collar flat? i see the mando'a written on it. since my collar issupposed to be kal's, i'd like to add that to mine.

tk2280

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2009, 12:04 AM »
If you could find that out. That would make my day.  I found on his site his "official star wars galaxy 4 topps cards". Since that was lfl work to turn into trade'n cards, that may help me. And it was a bucket shot that may have gave me one of the impotant refs, the LMO needed.

Thanks for the help

Hondo Karr

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2009, 02:59 AM »
excellant find! every piece of official reference helps! funny, is it just me or does it seem there are acceppted characters with less references that seemed to have less trouble gaining approval...

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2009, 08:19 AM »
sweet! Great work bringing a character to life!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

tk2280

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2009, 12:14 PM »
Got an email Back from Karen Traviss today.  Here is just a small part 

"The pics are great - that's absolutely spot on for Skirata. Fantastic!"

She has been getting updates from the day I started this costume.  And has been a very good help.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2009, 01:57 PM »
The artwork shows a girth belt, which would be a pretty easy addition. I would adjust so that the knees don't overlap the skins but otherwise, it looks good.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2009, 02:15 PM »
that looks great

i was hoping we'd see a Kal wandering around soon  ;D

well done vod

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

tk2280

« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2009, 04:10 PM »
The artwork shows a girth belt, which would be a pretty easy addition. I would adjust so that the knees don't overlap the skins but otherwise, it looks good.

Fixed up the knees after the pics were taken.

As for the girth belt.  For Merc membership I need any combo of 2 belts.  I have one with a holster and then my Ammo belt.

as for 501st membership (if costume can even get approved)  that last pic with the girth belt may not be LFL comished art. if thats the case then the girth belt would not be needed.  ;D

Vendrel

• The Talon Enforcer since 2008'. 13th Merc of MM
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Well done bro. ;D

SL/TD/ID-5766 501st Member since 02', Mando Merc Member since 07' (13th Mandalorian to join) .

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2009, 04:18 PM »
I don't believe that art of Jamie's was commisioned by LFL, I could be wrong though.

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Awesome job bro!  You nailed Skirata.   8)  And congrats on Mercs status!

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

JSnellArt

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2009, 11:39 PM »
here's jaime's artwork. trying to deermine if it was for lfl... he does ALOT of works for them:

I am officially with LFL, but that image however is not. That piece was just for me and practice, also for my porfolio.
The coloring and design of Kal, I just went with by description and also by what little images I could find on the net
Tom Hodges did an image of Kal, but it was for a private commission. Again, not officially for LFL. So there really is no
"proper" drawing or photo of Kal that I know of. Just based off fans interpretations. Hope that helps. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!