Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Heating sintra with a grill

• 3 Replies
Heating sintra with a grill
« on: Jun 28, 2020, 05:05 AM »
My family got my dad a new grill for father's day, and we still have the old one.  It still works and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to heat up the sintra for my armor in it or is there some reason why that would be a terrible idea?

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Heating sintra with a grill
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2020, 04:17 PM »
I would highly recommend against doing that. Grills get VERY hot and you're likely to burn the sintra and release harmful fumes. A heat gun is more than enough to heat your sintra.

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 02:53 PM »
Agree, this will not work well. Either the grill will be too hot and burn your sintra, or you'll wait 45 minutes for the grill to cool off, then have to start it up again if you need a minor adjustment. You'll spend more in coals/propane than you would buying a heat gun.

Ruus bal'Neta

• "Family is more than blood. This is the way."
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:25 AM »
Grills, ovens, microwaves are all not good for heating sintra. Fire hazards in the making right there. You can get an inexpensive heat gun from your local hardware store. Its a much better way to shape armor because it lets you control where, how much and how long the heat is applied. Yes it takes longer but the results are worth it. And its safer.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!