Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight Suit Sleeve Extension

• 2 Replies
Flight Suit Sleeve Extension
« on: Jul 01, 2020, 01:12 AM »
Hello!
I am making a 2-piece flight suit and cannot find a pair of pants and long sleeve shirt that match. I am likely going to get a pair of scrubs which means the top will be short-sleeved and I will need to add extensions to the sleeves.
I am unsure if there are requirements for how extensions are attached. Should there be a layered effect or can it have the appearance of a continuous sleeve with a seam mid-bicep where the short sleeve ends?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9dK_EKVlear0D_I9LAvBmNm5zSf5YT9/view

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Flight Suit Sleeve Extension
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2020, 12:01 PM »
It CAN have the appearance of a single continuous sleeve with a short sleeve seam, but be careful it doesn't end up too baggy as then it would need some fairly easy tailoring.  Most people who go with scrubs get a second pair of matching scrub pants to make the long sleeves from.

Throk

• No one lives forever...
Re: Flight Suit Sleeve Extension
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Have you considered a long sleeve scrubs top? Uniform Advantage has some in a variety of colors.

Another option I have used in the past to achieve a layered look is arm gaiters (same ones worn by bicyclist).  They have some that are light and moister wicking and others that are warmer for winter.

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2020, 01:24 PM by Throk » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!