Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scrubs flight suit alterations

• 1 Replies
Scrubs flight suit alterations
« on: Jul 01, 2020, 07:45 PM »
All, I have  never altered anything in my life, that is always my mom's domain, but she now lives several states away so I am on my own.  Looking at these, can someone let me know if these will need any altering? The pants look fine to me, and the shirt o really don't know.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Scrubs flight suit alterations
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2020, 10:59 AM »
Where the shirt is baggy will be under the vest anyway, so that's not a problem.  The pant legs may need to be taken in just a little though.  How you do that is to turn them inside out and put them on, then pinch it on the inside seam at the knee until it's loose but still close to the body (only JUST loose enough that you could slide a 1" dowel or a typical lightsaber blade up inside).  Hold that pinch and mark with a piece of chalk.  Then, lay the pants flat on a table and draw a straight line from the chalk mark to the bottom hem, and a curved line tapering in from the knee mark to the crotch (curved so that there won't be any weird bulges when you sew it and turn it right side out again).  make an identically spaced line on the other leg, and then sew a new inside seam on those lines.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!