Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Are tri-wing boomerangs an approvable weapon?

• 2 Replies

Urala

• "I'm gonna make a mock-up first..."
I have a question about:

Hello!
My question is: are tri-wing boomerangs an approvable weapon?

In addition to a blaster, I would like to add a tri-wing boomerang (pictured below) to my kit. Tri-wing boomerangs have 3 'wings' as opposed to the traditional 2. I think the tri-wing style is better because it is less recognizable as an earthy-weapon.
I have looked on the Star Wars wiki, Wookieepedia and found different examples of boomerangs/boomerang-like weapons.

A traditional v-shaped boomerang is supposedly found the video game Star Wars: Force Arena. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boomerang

A 'vibrorang' is described as the weapon of choice of Cycyed Ock (from Rogue One, memeber of Saw Gerrera's milita) in "Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide." https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vibrorang

The Parang mentioned in several of the "Fate of the Jedi" books. It is described as having a V-shape and behaving like a  boomerang. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Parang

Lastly, boomerangs are mentioned in two Legends novels. In the novel, "Episode 1 Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul," the boomerang is mentioned as the weapon of choice for hunters on the planet Auratera. In "Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones," one of Padmeís ships is likened to the shape of a boomerang https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boomerang/Legends

It appears that boomerang/boomerang-like weapons exist in the Star Wars universe however, all of these sources mention the typical, V-shaped boomerangs, not a tri-wing.

I would like to design a boomerang in the tri-wing style because the shape is unique and non-traditional; it maintains the "cool-factor" of weapons that use Bernoulliís Principle without being overtly 'earthy.'

Thank you very much for reading and all of your hard work!
-Urala

Venix Arden

• Wherever you go...there you are!
Re: Question - Are tri-wing boomerangs an approvable weapon?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Thank you for your question!

I see no issue with Tri-wing boomerangs as a Mandalorian weapon. Id suggest putting blades on the wingtips instead of having a honed edge. And please keep in mind that any weapon on your costume must be deemed "Con Safe". You can work with your Ruus'alor or Ruussol for all the details. I look forward to seeing a WIP!

There's more than one way to put lipstick on a dead horse

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity
Re: Question - Are tri-wing boomerangs an approvable weapon?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Thank you for your question!

I see no issue with Tri-wing boomerangs as a Mandalorian weapon. Id suggest putting blades on the wingtips instead of having a honed edge. And please keep in mind that any weapon on your costume must be deemed "Con Safe". You can work with your Ruus'alor or Ruussol for all the details. I look forward to seeing a WIP!

I would also like to piggy back off of what Venix said to paint a better picture for you (as I do agree with his assessment)

Star Wars utilizes great blends of organic and mechanical elements. Adding mechanical looking components and greeblies to the tri-wing boomerang should be enough to take away from the more pure terrestrial look seen in the photo. To this end, I would consider looking at vibroblade visual references across the Star Wars universe and find a way to retroactively add those elements to your boomerang. Maybe even derive some inspiration from Wookie weapons if you want to stay strictly organic while make it look otherworldly

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!