Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Light armor build

• 3 Replies
Light armor build
« on: Sep 14, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Hey all.  SO looking into making my first ever armor build and looking for tips and suggestions.  I have an old black scrub top that I cut the sleeves off of to use as my armor piece and I have the templates cut out.  Thinking of using EVA foam for the armor and use magnets to hold it on the scrub top and pant legs.  Also going for a woodland type armor scheme.  Also going to use old BDU top and pants for under the armor.   is this OK and what thoughts do you have?

Re: Light armor build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2020, 12:59 PM »
So a couple problems I have found with your approach:
1. Based on the Costume Requirements part of getting involved, your armor will not be acceptable. It states that any visible EVA foam is not allowed. At most, it would be used for padding in your helmet or something else, so you'll have to find a different material to make you kit out of. I personally like using 3mm sintra, but you could also look at the requirements yourself. - http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-requirements/
2. It would be best if you drew some pictures or used Mando Maker (Google it) to show what you want, and maybe chose a specific style that your trying to make, like Modern, Post-Imperial, Crusader, etc.
3. It would also be good if you were able to post some pictures of your templates, flightsuit to be, etc. anything you think would be good.

Kurz

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Also off the shelf camo is a big no go.

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:00 PM »
If your going to paint the armor to look like the helmet youve already done, thats perfectly ok, just dont do military camo of swirls and stuff like that. Its way to earthy to be approved.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!