Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP- First Mando Build in honor of my SWTOR Character :)

• 13 Replies
Hi All! I have cosplayed before but never as a Mando so I am very excited! Since NYC ComiCon was canceled I figured I had more time until the next one to complete this build. I will also be making mini sets for my children (ages 5 and 3) to go along.

So, I play the MMO Star Wars the Old Republic and want to make this build in honor of my main character who is a Mercenary in-game. Her Flight suit is fitted and all black. I am a HUGE DIY/Buy second-hand kind of person so I bought two pieces of Under Armor to combine as my flight suit.
Her main color/colors are dark green and her accents are yellow gold although this is negotiable to yellow/mustard yellow colors as well. I was actually inspired by a nail polish (of all things) to make her palette- Paragon by F.U.N. Lacquer.

I have extra fabric from my Kylo Ren attempt ($40 for the bolt, never finished) to make caplets for myself and my kiddos. I have theirs pieced together from scraps already and I love the look. I don't want them to match me exactly but I think it it cute to have something between us that is coordinated.

So I got this womens XL jacket from the thrift store ($14), just a muted version of the green I want, and I plan on quilting it for stability ($5 for the HeatNBond fusable interfacing) and putting ties on the sides.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: WIP- First Mando Build in honor of my SWTOR Character :)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:26 PM »
You had me at sparkly green... following.

rubyred

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2020, 04:39 AM »
AHA! i found your build thread >:D (its paxi!) i love how your vest is coming out girl! and that green for your nails is gonna go really well with the design that you've shown me so far :D

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Here are some updated photos of my vest. Thanks to my dear friend (Paxi) Who commented on my 0P, Because I bother her with every little detail, Because apparently I need a bunch of emotional support to make these decisions because apparently I need a bunch of emotional support to make these decisions  ;D I have cut lined and wilted the best and I am now working on the back of the vest.
Just to share a little personal detail I am also working on my namesake Sith Lord build- on the back of my cape I added a small detail that means a lot to me. I play and stream the PC game Star Wars the old republic and within that game there is a flashpoint called “The Nathema conspiracy”. Send that flashpoint you can earn decorations for your in game house, One of them being a beautiful statue which has an art deco style base. Being a New Yorker I’m very proud of where I’m from in art deco is a huge part of the cities architectural history. So to make my cape more personalized I put that Nathema statue design on the back of my cape, And since it will be covered by my armor and capelet I am adding the small detail to my Mandalorian as well.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020, 01:33 AM by SithLord_Britt » Logged

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Following with interest and I'm happy to also lend emotional support  :D The old republic is awesome and so is art deco. I loooove art deco! I can't wait to see how this turns out.  :like:

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Always interested in seeing SWTOR inspired builds! Art deco is also super cool.  :like:

Oya!

Andry         ; )

rubyred

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2020, 08:21 PM »
Ive already told you how amazing your quilting came out and imma tell you again!! ;D love how you did the back, i think its my favorite part!

Shev'la Ram'ser

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Big fan of Old Republic! Love what you have going on so far and will be following this build!

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Swotor, "quilted", 'not-matching matching kits for the kids' and art deco! Following with interest  :cookie:

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Here are some updated photos. I would like to see what others think about how many eyelets I should install on the sides of my vest for the leather cord. What do you think? I'm leaning toward less -->

« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2020, 12:06 PM »
Here is my completed neck seal!

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2020, 01:34 PM »
Six eyelets is best. This advice is in no way influenced by my longstanding love of the number 6. Nopenopenope.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2020, 09:19 PM »
Lovinggg this! I second the vote for 6 eyelets ;-)

Also, need that nail polish in my life...

« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2020, 10:21 PM »
ugh. I hate my vest after all of this. I would like to spare the back but I HATE the way the front turned out. Hoping I can salvage the back.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!