Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clonin's Din Djarin V1 - WIP

• 37 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Clonin's Din Djarin V1 - WIP
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Good spot, Rayne.

I do agree a little more weathering on the gloves will help!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Awesome awesome! Will do.

« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2021, 11:24 PM »
My family came up this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday and as such I was able to paint up the gloves with some oil paints! Is this better?

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #28 on: Feb 07, 2021, 07:57 AM »
That looks better! Great job!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Lovely.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #30 on: Apr 28, 2021, 06:09 PM »
Alllllrighty so semester is ending soon and as such the build is about to be back online! The goal is to get all the hard armor done and dusted (literally and figuratively haha) by the end of the summer, with weapons and soft parts being the focus of this winter.

I got a wonderful package in from Bobamaker as me hip plates came in, they look fantastic and I am beyond excited to get these painted up! I also have my eyes on some vendors for other parts so that's gonna be exciting!

Also, I have some plans for getting the boots a shade or two darker, but I'll detail that when it happens haha. Hope you're all well!

Rayne

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Glad to hear you’re making progress!  You’re new tasset plates look pretty good! They might need a little shaping, but we’ll be able to tell better when you have your flightsuit underneath. The shin and thigh plates you have on on your left leg with your tasset, should be on your right leg though.

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2021, 12:18 PM »
They actually are on the correct leg, it is just flipped cause mirror. I'm not skilled enough to flip the sheath hahaha

I did hold the stuff a hair too high so I'm confident in the form, but yeah when other stuff is on I'll get a better idea.

« Reply #33 on: Jun 13, 2021, 01:12 PM »
What is this? Hip plates painted? Yuuuuup haha. Also after Crowprops released weathering info for their boots I will be doing that as well soon!
Hips painted same as the rest of my pieces: base coat, black wash, satin clear, dirt washes.

Mi'ix

« Reply #34 on: Jun 14, 2021, 01:56 PM »
What color did you use on the hip plates, Hunter?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #35 on: Jul 02, 2021, 02:05 PM »
I used Montana Gold Deep Sea, what most builders use. The color is bright in pictures but in person it matches references great. The lighting was just wack haha.

« Reply #36 on: Aug 13, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Got my soft parts from Dark Side Closet! I'll weather this myself with some oil paints (olive green, brown, tan) and hand-cut the taters in the cape. I couldn't help myself but apply the thighs and oooooh boi haha

Can't wait for more armor parts to be made by BobaMaker!

Rayne

« Reply #37 on: Aug 13, 2021, 08:26 PM »
Looking pretty good! The upper legs/seat of the pants look like they might have a bit of bagginess, but we’ll be able to tell better when all the plates are on you. Can’t wait to see it all together!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!