Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clonin's Din Djarin V1 - WIP

• 29 Replies
Re: Clonin's Din Djarin V1 - WIP
« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2020, 02:16 PM »
Alrighty right thigh is also done! Same order of weathering as the other thigh, but here is photos of each step in case this helps anyone in the future. And under that is the finished piece!

And here is each of the recently completed pieces in some indirect light:

And the thighs under some direct light:

Hope the progress is up to snuff! Next up is the knee then gonna have to wait on this project for a bit to get more stuff to work on.

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Brigades 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2020, 06:11 PM »
It turned out great! Both of them look pretty nice!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Aaaaaaalrighty so here goes, another piece down! The knee piece was super fun and had some interesting new paint orders than the rest of the armor, but it is what it is. Okay here goes, the base coat is the the Montana Gold Mount Fugi with Montana Gold Fjord paint going on the side rectangle recess thingy ma bob.

After that I did the regular grey and black chip paint following references from the D23 kit and show reference pics.

And then a dark grey wash went over the entire piece!

Once that was all done then did the satin clear, then did a brown wash focusing around the knee darts and some select areas on the face, then splattered mud and dirt, dabbing off the dirt wash.

And yeah! Here is everything I've done "on" me, keep in mind the shin needs the leather to thin a bit but sizing is really working well so far!!

So that's the progress for now! Now the waiting game for more pieces....but alas. If you see anything I need to change please let me know!

Rayne

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Brigades 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2020, 09:27 AM »
Your pieces are looking good! Looking forward to seeing it all together!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Another piece down! For the vibroblade, I got the kit from JSCPropstore, and my gosh is it amazing! Love the quality and it was a joy to paint. The process is a bit different from the armor, I started with priming the entire piece, then painting the blade aluminum. Then, I taped that off and used Montana Gold Deep Sea for the handle base. I then did chip paint with the silver testors enamel paints, a black wash, and satin over the entire piece! The blade didn't get any wash to keep it nice and clean! Here are photos showing the process in case this helps anyone:

And here it is after wash and satin:

To hold it into the right shin, I reached out to a friend who was able to make a leather sheath for it, custom fit to my shinpiece. Because of this, the blade fits super well and has a satisfying *click* when the blade is properly inserted. Really happy with it and it kind of takes the place of foam padding on the right side!

*peep the awesome pajama pants*

That's it for now! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let me know! Happy New Year everyone!

« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:01 AM »
And now, the Beskar shoulder bell is complete! Painted the same way as my bucket, I'm super happy with the final result. However, that is actually now the final piece I had to work on for this kit until I return to university. Not ready to leave this behind for a bit, but I know that when I'm back I'll have more pieces and I cannot wait to get back on it!

Here are shots of the completed shoulder bell along with wear tests, and each piece for this kit I've done so far!

Rayne

« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2021, 10:50 AM »
It’s looking pretty good! Can’t wait to see it all together!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:06 AM »
That's a really fantastic idea integrating that leather holster for the knife behind the greave. 

Well done!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2021, 10:36 PM »
Got my Crowprops high level boots and gloves, and did a quick test fit! The weathering on the gloves is done by taking some new metal pipes and bars, and rubbing my gloved hands along them to transfer the oil that is used to protect those pieces of metal from rusting. This leaves a super cool and organic weathering!

Rayne

« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:59 AM »
Gloves are looking good. You might need to add a bit more weathering, like the yellow part right above the black part. References show it’s heaviest there.

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Good spot, Rayne.

I do agree a little more weathering on the gloves will help!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Awesome awesome! Will do.

« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2021, 11:24 PM »
My family came up this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday and as such I was able to paint up the gloves with some oil paints! Is this better?

Rayne

« Reply #28 on: Feb 07, 2021, 07:57 AM »
That looks better! Great job!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application

Mi'ix

« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Lovely.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!