Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Help Me Design a Blaster Rifle

• 5 Replies
Help Me Design a Blaster Rifle
« on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Okay, I know the rails need to go and it will need to be painted.  This is a rifle chassis I was using for competition and ended up going a completely different route so this is laying around.  Looking to keep the length about as long as it is.  I wasn't looking for something with a long barrel sticking out.  Need some ideas for what to do with the top channel.  Should it have a scope?  I don't know.     Let me hear your thoughts and ideas.

This is a WIP shot of my kit.  It was a lets try everything on loosely just to see if the idea is coming together.  Lots of work still needed to be done.

Cdeal

Re: Help Me Design a Blaster Rifle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2020, 03:07 PM »
I would definetly add a barrel but one with holes in it like the dlt-19x

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2020, 11:32 AM »
I would definetly add a barrel but one with holes in it like the dlt-19x

I do like that idea.  I will be mocking something up in Fusion 360 in the coming days and will see how it looks.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2020, 02:09 PM »
And a scope. When in doubt, add a scope. If you don't like it, add another scope. Repeat as necessary.

Cdeal

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2020, 03:24 PM »
add like 5 scopes to the top of it all looking into each other

jfk36

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2020, 02:41 AM »
Perhaps add a polished aluminium heat guard all the way along the top, then add a scope. Very easy way to obscure the original silhouette and make it appear more in universe. Remind me later and I'll dig up a picture for you I have saved on my PC (on my phone atm about to go to work).

Why did the droid cross the road?

Because it was programmed by a chicken.

Post-Imperial WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!