Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rai Dell 3d armor WIP

• 11 Replies

Biodelta

• working to be great
Rai Dell 3d armor WIP
« on: Oct 20, 2020, 05:05 AM »
So i've been around the forms off and  on for years now. I  made on  kit  buy  never  went  for approval. I  dont  have the means to  get Sintra so  i've been  making 3d armor files  to  3d print  for my  armor. I  hope this  upgrade  gets me a little closer to my  goal. Though it's  not  your  normal armor specs.  :jango:
 :like: So  im  printing  at  20 % infill to  get the  armor done in  some what a fast way. I  plan to attach them  with  magnets so it  will take  up less space when  i  transport it. I'm still using  my  brown girth belt, Black  flightsuit , and zip  up  black  boots for  soft  parts. Need to  get  a flak vest  done and see about  a  helmet  file i  bought and altered a little. I don't  know what  color i'm  going  to  run  yet  so any  help with that would be  nice.
https://imgur.com/gallery/xnkCIcw

:vizsla:

Biodelta

• working to be great
Re: Rai Dell 3d armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2020, 02:33 AM »
 :vizsla: Update :vizsla:

I  got some of the easy pieces printed out as i work to  break down the  others for my  printer.  The parts are  in  the rough form. When everything  is printed out  all start to form  with the  help of a heat gun. i'm also working  on  more details for the girth belt  and for the weapons i'm  using.  It  will be slow, I hoping  though it  will look good when it's all done. I've decided to paint  the armor in the true mandalorian colors. though i  have to  find a color pallet for them.

[/url]

Zaroc

• Honneur aux armes - Respect aux maîtres
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Family events Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:35 AM »
I wouldn't recommend to print chest plates : it's mre expensive than sintra and it is very very difficult to shape to your body. Even more if you print them flat. If you didn't do it alreday, contact your local Ruus'alore : they will help you with your build ;)

PWS #009 - New Death Watch Order #43 - O.O.P.S. ! #49
Zaroc - Brigade approved as Privateer/Gunslinger
Ogm'a - Archaelorian/Scavenger

Biodelta

• working to be great
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2020, 04:01 AM »
I wouldn't recommend to print chest plates : it's mre expensive than sintra and it is very very difficult to shape to your body. Even more if you print them flat. If you didn't do it alreday, contact your local Ruus'alore : they will help you with your build ;)
thank you. I haven't  done them yet. Atm im only  printing them cause i  have a lot  of fillment. But i do have a friend to  help me do the chest  pieces.

Zaroc

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Family events Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:53 AM »
If I were you, I would keep the filement for future upgrades ;)

Biodelta

• working to be great
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2020, 11:35 PM »
If I were you, I would keep the filament for future upgrades ;)
when your right your  right i  just started a upgrade for the mando explosive's for my  girth belt

Biodelta

• working to be great
UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2020, 06:36 AM »
 :jango: Well my  friends help me with a 3d scan of my  chest and printed my plates. I  also have the knees printed as well now. Everything  is coming  long  nicely. Next  i  have to do the gauntlets. Helmet and the black plate. i even got my  colors i want  done. I do have a Diamond problem. I  have two so i need help with  witch  one to  use

I also me charges for my  belt

Zaroc

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2020, 06:55 AM »
For the diamond, you need to check the spacing with the plates on you to know which one fit better ;)

I m curious to see the plates on you !

Biodelta

• working to be great
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2020, 06:59 AM »
For the diamond, you need to check the spacing with the plates on you to know which one fit better ;)

I m curious to see the plates on you !
XD ill take a pick of the plates later today XD

Biodelta

• working to be great
armor update
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2020, 01:30 PM »
So i  did a fitting  of the plates and i don't  like the ab plate so ill have to remake that  one
but  here's how it  looks
20201025_030845 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

20201025_030920 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

20201025_030911 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

Did some work on my  blaster as well

2020-10-24_09-54-26 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

Biodelta

• working to be great
UPDATE
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2020, 05:57 PM »
 :jango: Ok so  here's  some shots of the armor tape on. I  didn't  like the abb plate so  i  remade it  to be a lot  bigger and longer giving the  full chest  a really cool look.
Atm im  seeing  what  i can  do for the  back plate. I've a few designs but  not  sure which one to  do yet. My  friends LandoBI made me a ruff flak  vest  to finish  and i  still have my  black flight suit and no lace boots. I also finish putting the gunthlets together. I  just  need to add some detail to them and then I  have to xtc everything  to  get  rid of the  lines and paint  it  all. The  helmet also needs to be  printed as well.

IMG_20201027_204757 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

20201025_030528 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

123002710_4803652012993368_8346131948056170187_o by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

20201025_030920 by mike Dinnocente, on Flickr

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2021, 11:04 PM »
Based on the model combined with the photos, I think the size and fit well be good. It's always tough when you have to take selfies, but no worries. The design is really cool looking, I'm excited to see how this will turn out.  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!