Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jet Boot Thrusters

• 17 Replies
Jet Boot Thrusters
« on: Nov 28, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this thread or not.  Anyway, I made a set of Jet Boot Thrusters, kinda like the ones Cad Bane has.  Here is the test with REAL model rocket engines in them.

Intro Video: 

Boot Test 1: 

Boot Test 2: 

Results: 

Next Weekend I will test them while wearing them.  I think.....LOL

Re: Jet Boot Thrusters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2009, 11:18 PM »
good luck

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2009, 11:34 PM »
Awesome!!!
So glad to see the test results!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2009, 12:19 AM »
i dont get it

bottle rocket strapped to brown leather boots with black straps

i mean i love bein a pyro too but can't wear those at cons or any mercs events

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2009, 12:35 AM »
They were a prototype to making some for a Cad Bane costume.  Once I mod them some and get a better mounting system they will look much better.  I am thinking about seeing how they will look on a Mando costume.  The rocket engines are for videos (and FUN) only.   I may try to get a permit for them at DragonCon next year.  That would be so cool.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2009, 12:39 AM »
I may try to get a permit for them at DragonCon next year.  That would be so cool.

I can assure you that won't happen

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2009, 01:36 AM »
I am also looking into using Co2 for them too, but where is the fun in that.  lol 

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2009, 06:19 AM »
Hehe, I'm laughing like you were right now.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2009, 11:13 AM »
i dont get it

bottle rocket strapped to brown leather boots with black straps

i mean i love bein a pyro too but can't wear those at cons or any mercs events
Still would be fun for photos under certain conditions...

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I am also looking into using Co2 for them too, but where is the fun in that.  lol 

I like this idea.

Thaxos

« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2009, 03:32 PM »
That'd be perfect for cons

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2009, 09:03 AM »

Actually, the CO2 comes out being just as loud, showy, and  more chances to light it off.  I can get 11-15 good jumps with my jetpack using a 20oz tank, plus it's so much more safe.  =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2009, 10:44 PM »
How do you release the C02?  I need a way to release it with a switch or something and the canisters need to be pretty small too.  I can machine the next set around the C02 cartridges.  I just need to find some that will work.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I modified a NOX purge system into using CO2.  Only problem your going to run into is finding a tank smaller than 20oz.  Now, what you can do is run remote lines from the release servo down the inside of your pants leg and into the rocket body.  That would probably be the preferred method.  The system itself will run you around $150 total, and filling up the bottle costs around $6.  Yeah you spend a little money on it, but considering that it's reusable then your actually saving money in the long run. 

As for firing it off, there's 2 ways to do that.  One is by running a wire from your gauntlet to a switch.  The other is by using a remote control circuit.  I'm working on one of these currently, so as soon as I get it verified working safely (cause I don't need any misfiring going on with my armor) then I'll post how that circuit is created.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=92

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Kad'ye

• Kad'ye Nova-Heavy Weapons Spec.-95%
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:14 PM »
Wait, novall, your jetpack actually WORKS?? o.O

There is a sale at the MAUL, everything is 1/2 half off.... :lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!