Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlet blades/ knives

• 4 Replies
Gauntlet blades/ knives
« on: Nov 15, 2020, 06:56 PM »
G’day all, just wondering what’s the thoughts or are protectors able to have a blade extending from gauntlet?
Must admit I did see bo katans and thought a protector would be a capable close quarters fighter as well, maybe a possibility?
What’s the ruling on the idea?

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Gauntlet blades/ knives
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2020, 11:46 AM »
I'll put a more detailed answer in our conversation via PMs, but here's the requirement with gauntlets.

Gauntlets: Gauntlets must be of Fett-style or streamlined weapons-platform design based on those depicted in the comic books and artwork. May be painted the primary, secondary, or tertiary colors and may be mismatched (each a different color).

So, we obviously want you to base your gauntlets on those we see on Jango and Boba Fett, but the freedom of it allows you to do whatever you want with your load out, as long as you base your weapon platforms on the Fetts or what we see in the comics.

In theory, it could work. You just don't want it to cross too much into the Bo Katan or RC territory.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2020, 12:01 PM »
Cool thanks mi'ix, I'm not wanting to stray away from the fett look, just the option to add some hidden extras
Being like jangos....I could try add those blades he had 🤔

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Just don't design the blades to look just like Jango's. Aesthetic wise..... those things were a meeeeess haha

You could always design the right gauntlet mounted whipcord housing to kind of be like the retractable/hidden blade from Assassin's Creed maybe?

That might be pretty cool but also fit with your current gauntlets.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Just don't design the blades to look just like Jango's. Aesthetic wise..... those things were a meeeeess haha

You could always design the right gauntlet mounted whipcord housing to kind of be like the retractable/hidden blade from Assassin's Creed maybe?

That might be pretty cool but also fit with your current gauntlets.
They do look messy. I can’t recall how they extend or retracted. I was thinking they’d be like shears.. or a can opener 😂
Smaller ones would be better and practical... something to ponder while working on other bits.. and could fit something on both gauntlets too

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!