Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Project Naruu

• 3 Replies
Project Naruu
« on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:49 AM »
Hello everyone! 

I’ve officially started work on my Mandalorian armor.  So far got the base of the helmet together and one of the paldarons. 

Made from Sintra.  Took a while to form the dome of the helmet.  I used hot glue to fill in the gaps where my cuts weren’t perfect.  Cut the excess off and sanded smoth-ish.  I still need to make the details such as ear caps. 

I’m debating on putting a visor on it like Fenn Rau’s or use the ‘wings’ I have in my original concept art (see below)

Once the helmet is all built, I plan to coat in layers of fiberglass to strengthen up the helmet.  This should also give me some layers that I can sand down to a smooth finish and be able to remove any imperfections in the dome’s shape.

I plan to use miss matching pauldarons. The one I have build is the left arm.  Not sure how I plan to attract it just yet.  Like the helmet I plan to coat in fiberglass to make it more sturdy.

Next week’s plans;  build the other pauldaron, thigh, and shins.  And maybe the neck.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2020, 12:55 AM by RookBartly » Logged

Tiric Keel

• Family is more than blood!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Project Naruu
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:48 AM »
Following.  Good start.

Karta Beskar 2019
OM Troops: 100+  Educational Troops: 23
MMCC # 1081
159   Tiric Keel, 10/17/15, Vanguard, 267th Rapid Assault   Demolitions
DZ-80396 “Ace”
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:31 PM »
I did some new work.  I made the base flat parts of the jet pack.  I cut PVC pipes into short tubes.  In this picture I just set the tubes roughly where I am planing for the rockets to be.  on the flat part will be a lot more detailing .

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Quick update.  Been busy as crazy working on my Legacy Mandalorian.  Sorry if my images are getting stretched.  Just click on them to get them to resize.

I added tons of details to the jet pack.  In the picture below you can see the details added as well as too much bondo...

I also started work on the view finder.  made from scraps. 

I attached it to the helmet, added ear caps (upper and lower)  Bondo'd more and sanded.  To make the Range finder move, I drilled a hole in the helmet and range finder attachment and cut a pen case apart to make an axle.  The axle is removable from the inside of the helmet so I can remove and replace the range finder.  I have also finally added a visor and cleaned up a lot of edges. 

I made the upper ear caps slotted so I could make other attachments later and be able to drop them right on. 

I don't have the pictures of the chest yet but I have cut the chest body, panels, iron heart, and one ab plate. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!