Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

an idea

• 8 Replies
an idea
« on: Nov 09, 2020, 06:08 PM »
since the Mandalorian mercs is the top echelon of the costume universes,

why are we not doing a parade weekend at Disney edge of the galaxy,
they let kids do band stuff and all sorts of things like that,
i would think
we could get  2 day passes   to the park,  and do a in park parade  and meet and great in the edge area.
 with how popular the mandolorian is,
if i was running promotions at Disney parks  this would be a home run  and a no brainer  to get a parade of  High Quality Mandalorians threw the park, 

Re: an idea
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2020, 10:13 PM »
I don't really understand what you mean. Do you want disney land to just ask the MMCC to come by, give them day passes worth hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars,  just for some publicity? I doubt they would do that, and it's not like the MMCC to just ask for free stuff. Plus, they already have parades, and I'm sure they have plenty of actors they've hired to go through them daily. Plus, if you think that it should be done without their permission, costumes are prohibited on anyone ages 13 or older, except for some adult only costume party on halloween. All in all, I doubt anybody from Disney would go for this, and the MMCC won't just go around asking to be let in.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2020, 10:52 PM »
There’s also the fact that Disneyland is on a very limited opening right now. They aren’t going to be having a lot of parades.

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2020, 01:03 AM »
If Disney or LFL wants the club to show up at any event they will reach out to the Mandalorian Mercs through the proper channels.
These officially sanctioned events, when they happen, are reserved for official members only.
We cannot just decide we are going to show up at an event. The club does follow guidelines that LFL has passed on to us, by following these guidelines they allow us to play in their sandbox. We don't want to jeopardize our relationship with LFL or Disney so we do as they ask of us.
With that said (beyond the pandemic) local clans usually get invited to attend local events, parades, charity functions, and local cons, where we can make a difference.
If you have ideas for a local charity or a type of event, that could benefit a local cause run these ideas by your clan leadership and they can see about making these types of events happen.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2020, 02:43 AM »
First let me explain who I am,
I’m not a fan that just started when mandolorian serious came out,
I have been a fan since the 70S  I was the nerd before it was cool,
I have an 18 year old mythasaur tattoo on my right shoulder even though Fett isn’t a mandolorian, and have to tell the Norms no it’s not a skull of a cow or elephant for years..
I own over 100 star wars sets of Legos,
But it really doesn’t matter, who I am, it’s an idea,

Aratris
I don't really understand what you mean. Do you want Disney land to just ask the MMCC to come by, give them day passes worth hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars,  just for some publicity?
[/i]
Yes that’s the way it works you donate time they give access, they do it for bands, sports teams   armed forces, and so on,  as far as cost,  for them to make a bunch of mandalorian outfits will be well over 1000 each for materials and time and actors, so its is hugely cost effective, for the park to do it,  , and let’s be honest the parks know we will buy food and merchandise,  and there really is no cost to give away tickets  all the cost will be there with or without free tickets given out,  so not sure how this is a concern.
And with the mandalorian in its second season it’s a HOME RUN for them 

I doubt they would do that,
They do things like this almost every day

And it's not like the MMCC to just ask for free stuff.    This I can see .. I can twist my words and such but it is a trade. I like the term tit for tat… yes I would like to see galaxies edge and free is nice,
 But more so I’d like to be in the park in a parade with fans and playing the part in the most star wars place available to me, galaxy’s edge.  If I can do that with a bunch of other people who feel the same and we can help a needy charity and bring awareness and support to it,   my selfishness becomes diminished. And dare I say altruistic, probably not, 
Plus, they already have parades and I'm sure they have plenty of actors they've hired to go through them daily.

Yes but there is a big portion like what im suggesting, , and they have all sorts of days,

Plus, if you think that it should be done without their permission, costumes are prohibited on anyone ages 13 or older, except for some adult only costume party on halloween.
I agree it should be a sanctioned event  and tied in to a charity that can benefit  not just show up,

All in all, I doubt anybody from Disney would go for this,
I strongly disagree stuff like this happens daily there,,  not sure if the viruses effected it as I haven’t been there since 2018

and the MMCC won't just go around asking to be let in. 
that doesn’t make sense to me.  I follow the rules but  I don’t let my fate be ruled by others, I make my own fate whenever I can isn’t that what we should do?

DESAGO
If Disney or LFL wants the club to show up at any event they will reach out to the Mandalorian Mercs through the proper channels.   

I’m not one to leave things to other people to decide what’s going to happen to me.
Using that basic premise
You’re leaving your fate to others, 

These officially sanctioned events, when they happen, are reserved for official members only.

Sure

We cannot just decide we are going to show up at an event. The club does follow guidelines that LFL has passed on to us, by following these guidelines they allow us to play in their sandbox. We don't want to jeopardize our relationship with LFL or Disney so we do as they ask of us.
I agree I Didn’t mean to suggest just show up, just get the ball rolling or set a spark to an idea.

With that said (beyond the pandemic) local clans usually get invited to attend local events, parades, charity functions, and local cons, where we can make a difference
That sounds awesome, is there charity’s that could benefit from this, idk, I’m sure some else is better versed in this,  is someone actively working on that cause I see  hardly anything going on in the forums for upcoming events, especially in these times when we could use it most,

If you have ideas for a local charity or a type of event, that could benefit a local cause run these ideas by your clan leadership and they can see about making these types of events happen.

I’m thinking bigger than just a local clan,

jethroskull
There’s also the fact that Disneyland is on a very limited opening right now. They aren’t going to be having a lot of parades.

That makes sense and for most that stops them, But that seems like more challenge to me and makes me want to go at it double as hard,   I see nothing going on in this club,  I get frustrated,  this should be a time we set an example and rise above the problems and make a difference, it’s a calling to action, it makes my skin heat up and my hackles rise, we need to align ourselves with a good charity  maybe one dealing with the virus, idk, I’m not good with these things,

jethroskull

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:44 AM »
Galaxy's Edge is closed, Star Wars; The Adventure is closed. You can fight that all you'd like but it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Every state has limitations, the club isn't doing a lot because the law says we can't do a lot. No one is doubting your commitment but we are "allowed" to do what we do by LFL. If we want to get an attitude they can pull their blessing and then this club will truly do nothing.

Start locally, raise awareness for something, grow. Hopefully one day Galaxy's Edge will open again and Disney will want us to come celebrate.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Galaxy's Edge is closed, Star Wars; The Adventure is closed. You can fight that all you'd like but it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Every state has limitations, the club isn't doing a lot because the law says we can't do a lot. No one is doubting your commitment but we are "allowed" to do what we do by LFL. If we want to get an attitude they can pull their blessing and then this club will truly do nothing.

Start locally, raise awareness for something, grow. Hopefully one day Galaxy's Edge will open again and Disney will want us to come celebrate.
You know I wrote like 4 paragraphs.  And deleted it.  I guess no one wants to do something like this.  It's easily the most epic thing the club could do in my opion.  And to get ZERO positive response to an epic IDEA  is not somewhere I want to be a member of.   

jethroskull

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Do you understand hierarchy? Do you understand licensing laws? Do you realize that LFL does not answer to us, we answer to them?

Your idea has merit but it has to work within an existing framework. This club has been working with LFL for years, has attended openings, had members at the premiere. you name it.

You keep ignoring the most salient point here... PANDEMIC. Your idea could not be implemented even if every member agreed with you. There will be no parade at the Disneyland Park for any reason in the near future.

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2020, 02:06 PM »
First let me explain who I am,
I’m not a fan that just started when mandolorian serious came out,
I have been a fan since the 70S  I was the nerd before it was cool,
I have an 18 year old mythasaur tattoo on my right shoulder even though Fett isn’t a mandolorian, and have to tell the Norms no it’s not a skull of a cow or elephant for years..
I own over 100 star wars sets of Legos,
But it really doesn’t matter, who I am, it’s an idea,

While I appreciate your eagerness and being gung ho about wanting jump in head first. No one is questioning your lever of fandom. There is a difference between being a fan and being an official member of the MMCC. Keep in mind that we are an international educational charity with members from around the world. We have rules and guidelines we have to abide by, that we agree to when we become an official member. If we break those rules we can have infractions filed against us. A serious enough offense can have our membership status revoked.   

DESAGO

I’m not one to leave things to other people to decide what’s going to happen to me.
Using that basic premise
You’re leaving your fate to others, 

Being a member of the MMCC we don't get to make the rules, those are in place to protect the club and the members. By following these rules I continue to be a member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club. I have been a member of this club for 5 years, I have held 2 clan level officer position and currently hold a Regional officer position. In that amount of time I have attended over 170 invasions. I know what LFL events look like and how those event requests come to the club.

Sure

To attend a LFL sanctioned event, you have to be have an approved costume and be a member in good standing. These guidelines are not negotiable.

I agree I Didn’t mean to suggest just show up, just get the ball rolling or set a spark to an idea.

An idea can grow and exceed our original thought. But we have to follow the rules placed in front of us as emissaries of the Star Wars brand or we jeopardize our relationship with Disney or LFL.

With that said (beyond the pandemic) local clans usually get invited to attend local events, parades, charity functions, and local cons, where we can make a difference
That sounds awesome, is there charity’s that could benefit from this, idk, I’m sure some else is better versed in this,  is someone actively working on that cause I see  hardly anything going on in the forums for upcoming events, especially in these times when we could use it most,

With the current pandemic, we have to follow local and state laws for any event we attend. With the current pandemic affecting everything from simple charity walks, to cons and even Star Wars Celebration. The lack of in person events coming to the club right now is affecting us all. Many of the charity events we normally attend have flat out cancelled until a vaccine is available. So yes the pandemic has had an effect on the number of events coming in.

I’m thinking bigger than just a local clan,

While we appreciate the enthusiasm in wanting to lead the charge and start changing the clubs policies and procedures. My advice is start locally, reach out to your clan leadership for new ideas, new charity, see how you can become more involved with your clan, find new events, finish your costume, and obtain Official Member Status, learn how events are submitted to the club, learn the guidelines that we have to follow, learn what is involved in making local events happen. Take on a leadership role with your local clan. Then once you have that understanding we can talk about thinking bigger than your local clan.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!