Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP for Talon clan! I GUESS

• 10 Replies

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
WIP for Talon clan! I GUESS
« on: Jan 07, 2021, 09:37 PM »
Hello from South Carolina! Me and a friend of mine will be starting on our helmets for the kits this weekend ((He'll be joining the forum to post his updates )) And i was hoping if we could get a to do list for the boba prototype helmet from black series! We're super excited and if we could get a list to sure up what needs to be down we can really hunker down! Looking foward to hearing from Ya'll! Thanks.

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
Re: WIP for Talon clan! I GUESS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:32 PM »
Hey all! Recently started on trying to work on these helmets and decided to start with the visor. We are currently trying to tint the visor with reflective mirror tint and it’s proven to be doable but difficult. We are using a reflective film from Gila and it’s the home tint but we’re running into issues with it we have yet to work out. Does anyone know of a better or easier way? I’d appreciate it if anyone could help. If this doesn’t pan out we’ll end up making a new shaded visor instead. Thanks

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Most folks here buy them coloured and mirrored... there's a long-running sales thread over in the merchandise area.

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Most folks here buy them coloured and mirrored... there's a long-running sales thread over in the merchandise area.
       The only thing about that is it would have to be made to fit the black series helmets to be screwed in to the face plates. Or at least that’s what conclusion I came to lol. We’re a bit new to everything and trying to get this down so we wanted to get the helmets down before anything else

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:19 PM »
It’s a full sheet, 8x11.5 or 12x12. You cut to fit and mount per personal method.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147710.0

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2021, 11:27 PM »
So with the prototype helmets you'll need to get some autobody filler (bondo here in the US) and fill in all of the textured weathering on the helmet. Boba's weathering and damage is very unique to his character, so in order to use this helmet for an approvable base, you'll want to start there.

You'll do several rounds of filling it, letting it cure and then sanding it. Try to get rid of the texture and create a smooth base to start with. Then you'll be good to prime and paint it.

As far as the visor goes, the picture makes it look like it's plenty dark. Is there something wrong with the current visor? But yes, you'll get a sheet and you cut it to fit your specific helmet.

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2021, 05:40 PM »
So with the prototype helmets you'll need to get some autobody filler (bondo here in the US) and fill in all of the textured weathering on the helmet. Boba's weathering and damage is very unique to his character, so in order to use this helmet for an approvable base, you'll want to start there.

You'll do several rounds of filling it, letting it cure and then sanding it. Try to get rid of the texture and create a smooth base to start with. Then you'll be good to prime and paint it.

As far as the visor goes, the picture makes it look like it's plenty dark. Is there something wrong with the current visor? But yes, you'll get a sheet and you cut it to fit your specific helmet.
          I was told the visor wasn’t dark enough and we either had to change it or modify it. We’ve been spending this entire time trying to get the visors done lol it’s been hell.

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2021, 12:14 AM »
          I was told the visor wasn’t dark enough and we either had to change it or modify it. We’ve been spending this entire time trying to get the visors done lol it’s been hell.

After posting my reply, I found out that the visor isn't dark enough, as you said. You could contact t-visor.com to see it they have a replacement smoke color that will fit or hit up Kalevala Visors in the Trading Station.

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2021, 04:00 PM »
After posting my reply, I found out that the visor isn't dark enough, as you said. You could contact t-visor.com to see it they have a replacement smoke color that will fit or hit up Kalevala Visors in the Trading Station.
    Yeah I’m thinking we have one or two more attempts in us with some of the things we’re attempting. We’re determined to try and do it ourselves and learn so we could make better and more in depth kits in the future.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2021, 12:49 AM »
    Yeah I’m thinking we have one or two more attempts in us with some of the things we’re attempting. We’re determined to try and do it ourselves and learn so we could make better and more in depth kits in the future.

I definitely recommend to keep trying! That's the best way to learn.   :)

Augmess

• I'm Trying!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2021, 11:16 PM »
Hey guys I just wanted to get back in here and apologize for not being active on this wip.I’m back on the grind and me and my friend decided to toss out the tinted visors. We used a shade five face shield and got it thrown into the helmet so we finally made some progress, I still have to help my friend get his in but after we get his squared away we’ll jump into covering it up with bondo. Thanks! https://imgur.com/gallery/WSpPXTl

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!